Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Versioned Page loses field values in Stage

3 Posts   1218 Views

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

6 November 2009 at 10:49am

I have extended Page into my ItemPage and added a few Varchar fields in the $db static. I also have added a tab to the CMS that will reach out via API to a service to set its name there. When the API call (which is a method of ItemPage) succeeds it will do a write to itself like $this->APIServiceName = $api_return; $this->write();

This all works well up to this point. Whenever changes are made to any other tab or CMS field my APIServiceName gets wiped out. Looking at the DB I see that my APIServiceName is set in ItemPage_Live, it will go missing off and on from ItemPage, but it is never set in ItemPage_versions.

I have a feeling it has to do with Versioned. Is there a new object created in Stage every time that wouldn't copy all the data over? If i am doing the write from within a ItemPage object am I not writing to the correct Stage/Live version?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

6 November 2009 at 11:09am

Try publishing the page after you write it (or try call writeToStage('Stage'))

$page->write();
         $page->publish("Stage", "Live");

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

6 November 2009 at 11:26am

Edited: 06/11/2009 11:27am

Weird, now that I have done all kinds of crazy onBeforeWrite() work to force the API to be re-called and APIServiceName written to every time, I see now that it exists in every ItemPage and ItemPage_Live table.

Now I'm having a hard time make it null so I can test your suggestion above.

My issue is resolved, but I guess I need to spend some time discovering how the Versioned code works with respect to pushing between environments. There seems to be some kind of copying to/from that I have yet to make sense of.

Is it that Versioned items need to have the publish performed in additional to any ->write() calls to keep them in sync?