Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Insert Image Quirk

3 Posts   1795 Views

jam13

121 Posts

19 November 2009 at 6:17am

Just spent a couple of hours fixing a weird problem with inserting images that I thought others might find useful as I couldn't find a solution anywhere else.

Problem:

When trying to insert an image into the content field (tinymce), selecting the folder in the Image sidebar doesn't show the thumbnails - instead it just stays showing "(Choose a folder or search above)".

Solution:

Don't create a has_one relationship on your pages called Image ($has_one = array('Image'=>'Image')). The resulting ID clashes with the Image sidebar and so breaks the select javascript.

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

19 November 2009 at 7:11am

What I find odd is that this hasn't been causing troubles before, because I've seen it many times before just as has_one 'Image'->'Image' _without_ causing any problems.

So I wonder if there has been a change recently resulting in this.

jam13

121 Posts

19 November 2009 at 8:16am

Edited: 19/11/2009 8:17am

It is odd I agree, I'm pretty sure I've used relationships called Image before without side effects.

There are a number of other unsolved forum posts that seem to describe a similar problem though.