Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How do i call on Images of an ImageGallery

Go to End

23 Posts   4334 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

1 December 2009 at 1:34pm

Customize in what way?

Elender78

Community Member, 22 Posts

1 December 2009 at 8:33pm

Edited: 03/12/2009 7:15am

Good Morning UncleCheese,

Problem now: the CSS doesn't load. I don't know why. In ImageGalleryPage it's required. Lightbox won't work, too. I've copied the css from ImageGallery.css to my layout.css and this works. In my Homepage.ss i've inserted the paths to the javascripts in imagegallery/javascripts- to no avail. Aftrer a click on the Image i get only a page with the image.

With customizing i want to know where to change the format of the snippet. Now it's an unsorted list. I want to display a previewImage, some Text-link and a rating-image.
Greetings,

m.

UncleCheese

2 December 2009 at 2:40am

Make sure the root directory of ImageGallery is named "image_gallery" and not "image_gallery_r1123", or whatever name Silverstripe gives it.

Elender78

2 December 2009 at 3:30am

Thanks to you- problem solved. ImageGallery works fine now. I owe you a crate of beer, i think ;-)

Another issue is a preview of 4-6 random Articles with a previewimage of a related ImageGallery. I thought i would store the images in different galleries and call the particular gallery in the articlepages. on the startpage should be a display of 4-6 random articles with a related image. Like this :

[RandomImage from gallery1] [Link to article [Firstsentence of Article1]][Author1]
[RandomImage from gallery5] [Link to article [Firstsentence of Article5]][Author5]
[RandomImage from gallery10] [Link to article [Firstsentence of Article10]][Author10]
[RandomImage from gallery3] [Link to article [Firstsentence of Article3]][Author3]

And so on. Do you know how to realise this issue?

Many thanks,

M.

UncleCheese

2 December 2009 at 10:30am

How is your model built out? Articles have a relation to ImageGalleries? Can you paste your code?

Elender78

2 December 2009 at 9:38pm

Edited: 03/12/2009 7:13am

Hello UncleCheese,

this is my ArticlePage- i've got 4 diffent types of articlePages, because every ArticlePage-type has a different ArticlePage.ss (there are differences in arrangement of divs and applied css).

Bye,
M.

UncleCheese

3 December 2009 at 3:46am

I still don't get it. You're saying your article pages are linked to a specific ImageGalleryPage, but I don't see that anywhere in your code. Am I misunderstanding?

Elender78

3 December 2009 at 4:04am

Hi again UncleCheese,

Sorry, i'm no native speaker. i'm trying to establish a relation between my ArticlePages and a GalleryPage with 10 Galleries. I want to use the Images from the galleries. For every Article there is 1 Gallery. To Show the Galleries on my ArticlePages i need to establish a relation between them. But i don't know how to do this.

As i understand the $RecentImagesGallery it's related to an url, not to the Name of the gallery.

Until now i have extended my Page with 2 Imagefields (my previous post). But instead of this i want to use the ImageGallery instead of those fields, especially to use the Lightbox, SWFUploader etc.

I'm not sure how to phrase this in a better way. I hope i got it right.

Bye,

M.