Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cant upload form my Computer ?

Go to End

29 Posts   6104 Views

cumquat

Community Member, 201 Posts

11 December 2009 at 7:37pm

You sir, are a star, cheers.

cumquat

11 December 2009 at 10:18pm

As a heads up have also found a problem with regards to the name of an album. If it contains a full stop (period) then it falls over with this error on line 194, granted it may have always been there and using punctuation can be a pain on the web but i know my client has clients that have full stops in their names, you have to love artists :o)

Source

185 if($url_segment = Director::urlParam('ID')) {
186 $albums = DataObject::get($this->albumClass,"ImageGalleryPageID = {$this->ID} AND File.Name = '$url_segment'", "", "LEFT JOIN File ON File.ID = FolderID");
187 return $albums ? $albums->First() : false;
188 }
189 return false;
190 }
192 public function AlbumTitle()
193 {
194 return $this->CurrentAlbum()->AlbumName;
195 }
197 public function AlbumDescription()
198 {
199 return $this->CurrentAlbum()->Description;
200 }

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 December 2009 at 3:01am

What is the error you're getting?

cumquat

12 December 2009 at 3:11am

Ok heres the top part of the error i though i had added that, unfortunate name the guy is using but hey if thats what he wants to be called.

[Notice] Trying to get property of non-object
GET /artists/album/T.WAT
Line 194 in /home/sites/myriad-services.co.uk/public_html/subs/gallery90/image_gallery/code/ImageGalleryPage.php

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 December 2009 at 11:50am

Hey, everyone.. Made a few javascript fixes today that get rid of a lot of those errors in IE. Please run an SVN update and let me know the results.

@ cumquat, I made a patch to clean up album names before saving. Thanks for the heads up on that. After updating your code, you may have to save the album once to fix the error, as that will generate a new folder name for the offending album. It will not result in a loss of data.

cumquat

12 December 2009 at 9:53pm

Morning,

Well that all seems to work and as it's getting it's first viewing with the client in a few hours i'm a very happy bunny.

Cheers for that.

Mick

raZbi

Community Member, 11 Posts

29 January 2010 at 3:17am

Hello gents,

This is what i get, trying to upload:

As i'm newbie, may i ask you to point with a finger, what should i change? :)

staggerwing

Community Member, 6 Posts

26 June 2010 at 5:53am

Edited: 26/06/2010 5:55am

Just started with SS to help get a site going for an organization and I'm having this same problem. No option to "Upload from my computer". I've gone through all the steps mentioned here. I just installed all of this, the latest versions, over the last couple of days. The only thing I didn't understand in these posts is where it's mentioned to "run and SVN upload". What is that and how do I do run it?

This is happening in all browsers for me; IE8, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. The demo works fine for me.

Any suggestions? (details directions as to what file and where to find it would be helpful)

Thanks!!