Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Image Gallery not working in 2.3.4, bug?

31 Posts   5176 Views

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

19 April 2011 at 7:00am

What did you edit it with?

Many thanks

G

joey

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 April 2011 at 7:06am

I just used a plain text editor and replaced everything with this:

RemoveHandler .php .phtml .php3 .php4 .php5 .inc
RemoveType .php .phtml .php3 .php4 .php5 .inc

tchintchie

Community Member, 63 Posts

28 April 2011 at 2:04am

huh, how come there is no .htaccess file in my assets folder??

GRiiDWeb

28 April 2011 at 8:05pm

Still the same issue. The HT access file makes no difference.
I create a gallery page and it does not appear until browser is refreshed. It cannot be saved and it does not 'recognise' albums.
It's a bit of a disaster as the site I'm setting up requires end users to log in and create their own galleries.
It's version 2.4.1 and I don't have this issue with other sites set up some time ago on the same version.
Am I missing something vital that needs to be added/removed after installation.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

tchintchie

28 April 2011 at 9:03pm

@GRiiDWeb:
What Gallery, DOM and uploadify versions do you use? I´m on SS 2.4.5 and had the same problem until i downloaded and reinstalled the very latest versions of those 3 modules. I still can´t add pics to the albums however but it solved the imagegallerypage saving issue :-/

links:
http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/modules-image_gallery-r536.tar.gz
http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/master/DataObjectManager-master-HEAD.tar.gz
http://silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/modules-uploadify-r534.tar.gz

if anyone has a solution for the "adding pics" problem I´m all ears :-)

GRiiDWeb

28 April 2011 at 9:18pm

I've tried all versions so far, including my 'working' versions from another site.
It must be something obvious that needs to be done in a config or htaccess file. It has worked before, but this was an 'old' server.
I'm thinking that there is a server file that is different/changed and needs a line amending.

Any ideas from anyone?

tchintchie

28 April 2011 at 9:49pm

hmmm the magic_quotes_gpc comes to mind. when i first installed SS on MAMP i got a warning telling me to set the magic_quotes_gpc in my php.ini to "Off". I couldn´t figure out how to do that so just ignored the warning. That was when i had that gallerypage saving issue.
For different reasons i reinstalled SS and this time took care of the magic_quotes_gpc and suddenly the imagegallery pages save just fine.

not sure if this can be done AFTER installing though...

GRiiDWeb

28 April 2011 at 10:03pm

Worth a shot. It's a new site I'm implementing, so I can pull it apart and reinstall until I get the problem sorted.
I've not come across magic quotes before. What's the line/code in the file that needs to be amended?
Thanks for help on this.

G.