I'm having some problems. I'm using the latest SS, swfupload and DataObjectManager and I'm trying to upload a few images using the ImageDataObjectManager. I can choose the file(s) in the admin and press upload. The progress meter will increase and when it gets to 100% it says "Processing" and just sits. I've left it for a few minutes and nothing.
Actually, this pointed me in the right direction. After Willr's post, I tried out the uploader on a PC and lo-and-behold, it popped up an error when the file was complete. It was something along the lines of "server did not accept it" (can't remember to be exact). I did a search on these forums, found a ini setting to add to a .htaccess file that change the security and it works now on both Mac and PC.
So the problem was that the Mac client does not display the errors.
this is not a problem with either client or silvertripe
you just need to increase the max upload size in php.ini and also the max post size in php.ini for safety dont forget to increase the max execution time also and it will be fine
I did up the upload size in a .htaccess file. To update my last post, on our server mod_security is not allowed to be disabled in the .htaccess file. I needed to go into the http.conf and find the settings for that site and disable it from there. Smooth sailing since, at least for that part.