Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Uploading image get stuck on "Processing"

Go to End

11 Posts   3823 Views

jbryner

Community Member, 15 Posts

21 January 2010 at 8:20pm

I'm having some problems. I'm using the latest SS, swfupload and DataObjectManager and I'm trying to upload a few images using the ImageDataObjectManager. I can choose the file(s) in the admin and press upload. The progress meter will increase and when it gets to 100% it says "Processing" and just sits. I've left it for a few minutes and nothing.

Any ideas?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 January 2010 at 4:34pm

Are you on OSX? On my mac no processSuccess events fire (its a bug with the core swfupload library rather then the module).

jbryner

22 January 2010 at 4:42pm

I am on a Mac! Thanks for pointing that out. The client I'm pretty sure is on PC, I'll double check, but if so I can live with it.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 January 2010 at 6:40pm

Is this only when OSX is the server? Or the client? Because I know of hundreds of people who are using the SWFUpload module with success who are on Mac, including myself.

Come to think of it, I've seen it run on an OSX server, too. So I'm not sure what could be going on here.

jbryner

22 January 2010 at 6:52pm

Mac Client, Linux Server.

Actually, this pointed me in the right direction. After Willr's post, I tried out the uploader on a PC and lo-and-behold, it popped up an error when the file was complete. It was something along the lines of "server did not accept it" (can't remember to be exact). I did a search on these forums, found a ini setting to add to a .htaccess file that change the security and it works now on both Mac and PC.

So the problem was that the Mac client does not display the errors.

Rishi

Community Member, 97 Posts

3 February 2010 at 5:54am

hello jbryner
this is not a problem with either client or silvertripe
you just need to increase the max upload size in php.ini and also the max post size in php.ini for safety dont forget to increase the max execution time also and it will be fine

jbryner

3 February 2010 at 5:59am

I did up the upload size in a .htaccess file. To update my last post, on our server mod_security is not allowed to be disabled in the .htaccess file. I needed to go into the http.conf and find the settings for that site and disable it from there. Smooth sailing since, at least for that part.

Rishi

Community Member, 97 Posts

3 February 2010 at 6:11am

not only the upload size you also need to change the post data size..as its running fine then it good

Go to Top