Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upload field for adding images not showing up.

Go to End

16 Posts   3500 Views

jarwastudios

Community Member, 9 Posts

26 January 2010 at 11:31am

Summary: Using dataobject_manager, swfuploader, and image_gallery, I've heard of a solution to my problem with correct names for the module directories, tried a couple different ways I read, but neither seemed to fix it. I haven't tried much else because I don't know where to start to fix that one.

I'm not sure why it isn't working, but the upload from your computer field doesn't show up. Any help would be fantastic. I'm not a terribly experience developer, I know enough to be dangerous, I can edit easy enough, I just can't write much code from scratch. So any help on solving this would be amazing.

Here's a picture showing the problem:

http://www.jarwastudios.com/problem.jpg

Thanks!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 January 2010 at 1:43pm

That's weird. Do you have Flash installed? I've heard of that happening on some Linux distributions. Try right clicking and opening the frame in a new tab. Then check firebug for Javascript errors.

jarwastudios

27 January 2010 at 2:29pm

I've admittedly never used Firebug, though I know guys who nearly rely on it, but they're far better at coding that I ever plan to be. Anyhow, I installed it and took a look, nothing stood out at me saying "HEY! ERROR OVER HERE!" but then, I may not be reading it right. Regardless, as far as I can tell, I didn't get any errors. What's the right swfupload to use with SilverStripe? When I went looking for it I was thoroughly confused which version was the correct one, and ended up just picking one that seemed to be the most right.

Thanks again.

jarwastudios

29 January 2010 at 7:28am

I've admittedly never used Firebug, though I know guys who nearly rely on it, but they're far better at coding that I ever plan to be. Anyhow, I installed it and took a look, nothing stood out at me saying "HEY! ERROR OVER HERE!" but then, I may not be reading it right. Regardless, as far as I can tell, I didn't get any errors.

What's the right swfupload to use with SilverStripe? When I went looking for it I was thoroughly confused which version was the correct one, and ended up just picking one that seemed to be the most right. Maybe I'm using the wrong version...

Thanks again.

UncleCheese

29 January 2010 at 7:50am

The most reliable version is always through SVN, but as I remember, the download page on Silverstripe creates a ZIP file out of the SVN export every 24 hours, so right now they should be one in the same.

jarwastudios

29 January 2010 at 3:37pm

Ok, so I put the latest swfupload in, and bingo! That got the upload field to work, woohoo!

However... now I'm hitting a new problem, the gallery seems to work fine with multiple albums, as long as I have no pictures in those albums, soon as I put images in though, it breaks and I get a website error page (generic). Its odd because if I click on an empty album it goes right to the album (just with no images, since there aren't any). It's like adding images to an album breaks it. I don't have any special template pages set up for image gallery, though I'm not sure if there are even supposed to be any.

I have fully updated Image Gallery, DataObjectManager, and SWFUpload at this point as well, just to be sure, and the error still comes up. I'm not sure what to do!

Help!

Thanks!

UncleCheese

29 January 2010 at 3:42pm

What is the error?

jarwastudios

29 January 2010 at 3:43pm

Edited: 29/01/2010 4:08pm

"Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request."

That's all it says.

If this helps any, the site's photo gallery is at http://www.chucksonmonroe.com/photos

Go to Top