Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help with Image Gallery and Image Map

Go to End

2 Posts   2135 Views

Pizentios

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 February 2010 at 8:52am

Hi there,

Here's the basic idea of what i am trying to do. I have a image gallery (using the image gallery module etc) with a bunch of pictures in two different albums. I have another page with a static map of a park, being used as a image map. On this map of the park there are different sections (using the html image map) that a user can click on. What i am trying to do is when a user clicks one of these sections is have the same window (i think it's called fancybox) come up containing pictures of that section of the park, so they can view them like they would from the image gallery.

Currently i would be only working with one of the galleries, it contains the pictures of the different sections of the park. The other gallery contains aerial photos of the park and would not be linked to from the image map i talked about above.

I have tried using the url that is used in the image gallery when a user clicks on a picture to bring up the fancybox, but all it does is open the picture in the browser, moving the user away from the image map and without the fancybox.

I have asked in the irc channel about how to do this but was un able to get any answer at all. Multiple searches using google and this forums build in search tool haven't turned up much.

Am i just looking in the wrong places for information? Does anybody have experience doing something like this with the Image Gallery Module that they can share? Can this even be done?

Thanks in advance for any help i get

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 February 2010 at 2:58pm

It's a fairly tall order. The first thing you have to do is get rid of the ImageGallery module. This is far too custom a project to be relying on a turnkey solution. It's just going to get in your way. Just set up an ImageDOM or ImageAssetManager and use your own template and controls.

You can pretty much take your pick as to which lightbox to use, but basically you want to use the image map to link to the the resampled images to which each area map corresponds..

<% control SomeImage.SetWidth(100) %><a href="$URL" .... etc.. <% end_control %>

Pretty straight forward...