Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Image Gallery : keep original size if Normal Size is much larger

3 Posts   1056 Views

Myrdhin

27 February 2010 at 10:55am (Last edited: 27 February 2010 10:58am), Community Member, 67 Posts

I have very little and big images in my album. I set "Normal Size" to 100px. But little images are pixelized when they are displayed...

So i would like to keep image's original size when my "Normal Size" configuration is bigger than it.

To do it, I modified "ImageGalleryPage.php" lines 272-275 :

if($item->Image()->Landscape())
$normalImg = $item->Image()->SetWidth($this->NormalSize);
else
$normalImg = $item->Image()->SetHeight($this->NormalSize);

by

$normalImg = $item->Image();
if($item->Image()->Landscape() && ($item->Image()->getWidth() > $this->NormalSize) )
$normalImg = $item->Image()->SetWidth($this->NormalSize);
elseif ($item->Image()->getHeight() > $this->NormalSize)
$normalImg = $item->Image()->SetHeight($this->NormalSize);

Hope this help somebody !

Is there another cleaner way to do that ? thanks.

UncleCheese

27 February 2010 at 12:09pm 4085 Posts

Interesting, but I have to ask... you're seriously displaying an image that is smaller than 100px in a lightbox?!

Myrdhin

27 February 2010 at 12:23pm (Last edited: 27 February 2010 12:25pm), Community Member, 67 Posts

hu hu :)

No, it was juste an example. In fact, i had set NormalSize to 250px and some little images to 100 and 120px.

ps : Perhaps we could add a configuration checkbox like "set Normal Size as Max size". Another possibility will be an option "keep original size" for example.