Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Replacing ModelAdmin results table with DataObjectManager

Go to End

13 Posts   5881 Views

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

26 March 2010 at 1:06am

Could anyone give me some advice on how I would go about replacing the Search Results Table in ModelAdmin with a DOM?

It would be great to have filters and live search available in the ModelAdmin search results for certain managed models.

I seem to be going round in circles trying to figure where I would do this in the code. A little explanation would go a long way.

On the other hand, is it possible to add comboboxes to the ModelAdmin's search fields for things like has_many and many_many relationships with other objects?

Ta!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 March 2010 at 2:35am

Good question! It's been one of my pain points in Silvesrstripe for a while. As it is now, DOM is not ready to work with ModelAdmin, but it will be. There's a ton of stuff in the works that's really going to make some drastic improvements to ModelAdmin, including the inclusion of DOM. Stay tuned.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

26 March 2010 at 10:27am

Woah I went to go use DOM in ModelAdmin today only to find that it doesn't work :( weird that it was the same day that this was posted... But yea I'm just posting to support your ModelAdmin efforts - would be great to have it working! :)

joelg

Community Member, 134 Posts

26 March 2010 at 11:29pm

Support from me too. DOM as modeladmin result table would be a milestone!

zueri

Community Member, 8 Posts

3 April 2010 at 12:31pm

This would be a killer feature of DOM. I'm currently struggling with ModelAdmin, and it would be so cool if I could use DOM in there.

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

13 June 2010 at 6:55am

I too am looking forward to this... really would be great for my next project. :)

any timeline in place?

OzziNL

Community Member, 37 Posts

21 October 2010 at 11:14am

Did somebody succeed with this since this last message?

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

21 October 2010 at 11:57am

Besides a working search filter, I managed it to display DOM as ResultsTable in PanelModelAdmin:

http://svn.axyrmedia.com/panelmodeladmin/trunk/

Go to Top