Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

DataObjectManager Code Examples for the Frontend

6 Posts   1154 Views

cardinale

Community Member, 23 Posts

27 March 2010 at 2:11am

Edited: 27/03/2010 2:14am

Hallo,
I'm looking for an Code Example to integrate DOM in the Frondend.

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

27 March 2010 at 2:51am

I don't know that it will work, but you can give it a try. The only difference between a CMS form and a frontend form is that you can't pass the controller as $this. You'll have to pass it an instance of the holder object for the records you're managing. But there are a lot of other things to consider like javascript dependencies that will probably trip it up.

It's definitely in my plans to make a frontend safe DOM, though.

cardinale

27 March 2010 at 3:01am

I tried it like this:

public   function NachrichtenField() {

$AerzteTable = new DataObjectManager(
                  $this,
                  'Testimonials',
                  'Nachricht',
                  array('ID' => 'ID'),
                  null
               );
      $AerzteTable->setPermissions(array());
      $AerzteTable->setCustomSourceItems($this->Nachrichten);

$Felder = new FieldSet( $AerzteTable );
      $Action = new FieldSet(new FormAction("Weiterleitung", 'hallo', 'Modifica Informazioni Utente - Indirizzo commerciale') );
      return new Form($this, "NacchrichtenField", $Felder, $Action);
   }

But I want only a nice table, without other formelemements like the submit button.
- The "Show results per page" doesn't work
- The "Search" doesn't work

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

27 March 2010 at 3:41am

What is $this in that function?

cardinale

27 March 2010 at 4:10am

here the code, I put $this just because i don't know what to put else. is there a way to get working the search function or to switch it off?

<?php
class NachrichtenPage extends Page {

public function getNachrichten() {
      $MemberID = Member::currentUserID();
         $auslese = DataObject::get('Nachricht', 'DepositaerID = "'.$MemberID.'" AND (Status = "NEU" OR Status = "GELESEN")' );
   return $auslese;
   }   

}

class NachrichtenPage_Controller extends Page_Controller {

public   function NachrichtenField() {

$AerzteTable = new DataObjectManager(
                  $this,
                  'Testimonials',
                  'Nachricht',
                  array('ID' => 'ID', 'Created' => 'Datum','Title'=> 'Betreff', 'Status' => 'Status',),
                  null
               );
      $AerzteTable->setPermissions(array());
      $AerzteTable->setCustomSourceItems($this->Nachrichten);
      $AerzteTable->per_page_map = array('10');
      $AerzteTable->use_view_all = false;

$Felder = new FieldSet( $AerzteTable );
      $Action = new FieldSet(new FormAction($this, 'hallo') );
      $myForm = new Form($this, "NacchrichtenField", $Felder, $Action);
      $myForm->getValidator()->setJavascriptValidationHandler('none');
      return $myForm;
   }

}

?>

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 164 Posts

31 March 2010 at 3:12am

Edited: 31/03/2010 3:13am

I've been looking into this too, and I've had some luck generating something that works, but it isn't perfect.

@cardinale: you could try DataObject::get('Nachricht', 'DepositaerID = "'.$MemberID.'" AND (Status = "NEU" OR Status = "GELESEN")' ); or possibly $this->getNachtrighten() instead of $this.

@UncleCheese: It works somewhat for DataObjects, if I try to include objects based on SiteTree I get the error:

public function ProjectsTable() {
// Works
      $table = new DataObjectManager(DataObject::get("Source"), "Sources", "Source", array('Title' => 'Title'), "getCMSFields_forPopup");
// Fails with error
//      $projects = DataObject::get("Page");
//      $table = new DataObjectManager($projects, "Pages", "Page", array('Title' => 'Title'), "getCMSFields_forPopup");
$table->setPermissions(array());

$fields = new FieldSet( $table );
      $Action = new FieldSet(new HiddenField($this, 'No button') );
      $myForm = new Form($this, "ProjectsTable", $fields, $Action);
      $myForm->getValidator()->setJavascriptValidationHandler('none');
      return $myForm;
   }

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT SiteTree.ID) AS TotalCount FROM `SiteTree_Live` LEFT JOIN `Page_Live` ON `Page_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `BlogEntry_Live` ON `BlogEntry_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `BlogHolder_Live` ON `BlogHolder_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `DonationPage_Live` ON `DonationPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `ContactPage_Live` ON `ContactPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `Expert_Live` ON `Expert_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `FeaturedPage_Live` ON `FeaturedPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `Project_Live` ON `Project_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `Region_Live` ON `Region_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `Species_Live` ON `Species_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `ErrorPage_Live` ON `ErrorPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `RedirectorPage_Live` ON `RedirectorPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID LEFT JOIN `VirtualPage_Live` ON `VirtualPage_Live`.ID = `SiteTree_Live`.ID WHERE (`SiteTree_Live`.ClassName IN ('Page','BlogEntry','BlogHolder','DonationPage','ContactPage','CountriesHolder','Expert','ExpertsHolder','Family','FeaturedHolder','FeaturedPage','Project','ProjectDOM','ProjectsHolder','Region','RegionsHolder','Species','TestimonialPage','ErrorPage','RedirectorPage','VirtualPage','AgendaHolder')) Unknown column 'SiteTree.ID' in 'field list'
GET /largeherbivore.org/new-projectdom?stage=LIVE

Line 401 in G:\localhost\largeherbivore.org\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php

It looks to me that the FROM table isn't passed the Live / staging attribute as the error doesn't occur when I look at the staging site. Clicking on the labels in the table didn't sort the column but resulted in a blank pages featuring the text 'mysite'.