Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

FileUploads and the DOM + SWFUpload

Go to End

14 Posts   3970 Views

Community Member, 40 Posts

29 March 2010 at 9:09pm

Edited: 29/03/2010 9:12pm

Hi Uncle Cheese,

Big fan of your work, i am having a little issue with the latest trunk version of DOM, SWFUpload and SilverStripe 2.4 Beta2. We have popups with the following code.

public function getCMSFields_forPopup()
		return new FieldSet(
			new TextField('Title'),
			new SimpleHTMLEditorField('Description','Description'),
			new SWFUploadFileIFrameField('FeatureImage','Feature Image')

We originally just had FileIFrameField but as you know the dropdown list does not work so it is impossible to select already uploaded images. So i decided to see if we can use SWFupload however we get the following error

Fatal error: Class 'Image_Uploader' not found in /path/to/files/SWFUploadFileIFrameField.php on line 47

As it appears Image_Uploader class is no longer in the core image.php file?

Any ideas, am i wasting my time will i be able to select existing files with in a popup using DOM and SWFupload?

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

30 March 2010 at 4:09am

Interesting.. looks like they finally sunsetted that Image_Uploader class. It's been obsolete ever since form fields became their own controllers. It seems like the fix might be as easy as changing the parent class from Image_Uploader to "FileIFrameField".. can you try that?

30 March 2010 at 10:02am

After making the change the following error occurs
[Warning] Missing argument 1 for FileField::__construct(),
in /path/to/file/sapphire/core/control/Director.php on line 280 and defined
GET /path/to/file/swfuploadfile/iframe/ProductFeature/15/FeatureImage
Line 78 in /path/to/file/sapphire/forms/FileField.php

I also noticed that the SWFUploadFileIFrameField still uses the TreeDropdownField so i dont think it will resolve our problem. Do you know of a solution to allow the selection of exsisting uploads in the popup?

31 March 2010 at 3:53am

All good latest trunk of 2.4 solves the issues. :) Its a good day.

Community Member, 98 Posts

9 April 2010 at 6:34am

Guys, I'm trying to get a SWFUploadFileIFrameField to replace an image field in ModelAdmin and getting the same error: Fatal error: Class 'Image_Uploader' not found in /path/to/files/SWFUploadFileIFrameField.php on line 47

The reason I'm trying to use a SWFUpload field is that I'm finding it impossible to set the allowed extensions on my image and pdf fields. It's driving me nuts. I'm using 2.4-rc1...

Community Member, 8 Posts

14 May 2010 at 7:05am

I'm new to Silverstripe and trying to implement multiple files on a form page. I have tried uploading with SWFUpload but am having the same issues as I tried installing DOM, but it just doesn't seem to not work with the latest stable version of SS 2.4.

Either there is an issue with the Image_Uploader, cannot find SimpleWysiwygField, or I simply get a blank tab when trying to implement the Resource example.

Is there any way to solve these issues or is there a better way to attach multple files/images to a form page that will stop the hours of frustration that this evening has been?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 May 2010 at 7:10am

The trunk version of DOM is 2.4... the 2.3 version was branched off around rev 385 or so. Make sure your code is up to date.

Community Member, 8 Posts

14 May 2010 at 7:19am

I'm using

with Silverstripe 2.4.0

Is this correct and up-to-date?

Go to Top