Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SWFUploadFileIFrameField and SS 2.4

Go to End

9 Posts   1986 Views

brice

Community Member, 52 Posts

15 June 2010 at 9:04am

Edited: 15/06/2010 9:08am

According to [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/281838[/url] the Image_Uploader class that SWFUploadFileIFrameField extends has been removed from the core of SilverStripe 2.4...

So I went ahead and modified SWFUploadFileIFrameField to extend FileIFrameField as per UncleCheese's query in the above post and now get:

Error: Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'setsession' does not exist on 'SWFUploadFileIFrameField_Uploader' At line 724 in ...\sapphire\core\Object.php

When I try to leverage the SWFUploadFileIFrameField to perform a large video upload with progress meter.

My DataObject code is as follows:

class TestVideo extends DataObject {

static $db = array(
      "Title"      => "Varchar(255)"
   );

static $has_one = array(
      "Video"      => "File"
   );

public function getCMSFields() {

$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
    $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Main", new SWFUploadFileIFrameField('Video','Video','Upload a file'));
    return $fields;

}
}

I am using the latest trunk of SWFUpload extension. Is it truly 2.4 compatible && I'm implementing it wrongly?? Or does the code need to be updated/tested on 2.4? Please let me know if anyone has it working.

Thanks!

~ Brice

brice

17 June 2010 at 5:07am

I see that "class SWFUploadFileIFrameField_Uploader extends Image_Uploader" in the latest version (r400 from SVN) of SWFUploadField module. Line 55 of the module's _config.php also references this class:

Director::addRules(10, array(
   'swfuploadfile/$Action/$Class/$ID/$Field' => 'SWFUploadFileIFrameField_Uploader'
));

As the "Image_Uploader" class has been removed from SS 2.4 -- is the module still compatible?? Has anyone been able to use it in outside of DOM in a getCMSFields overload [In 2.4]?

It seems that the DOM version of it works... I believe it's because there is reference tot he form & that it's using SWFUploadField and not SWFUploadFileIFrameField ???

Thanks,

~ Brice

brice

19 June 2010 at 2:51am

I believe the base of this issue is that the Image_Uploader class extended controller, while the FileIFrameField class (that we were asked to experiment with) does not. Hence SetSession not being available.

UncleCheese -> is it possible to get some feedback on this?

Thanks,

~ Brice

Tonyair

Community Member, 81 Posts

26 June 2010 at 4:52am

I have the same issue.

SS 2.4 rev. 107083 (just updated)

Tonyair

26 June 2010 at 5:18am

Edited: 26/06/2010 5:23am

I extended it from Upload class cos it's logically clean and looks very similar according to 2.4 api
"class SWFUploadFileIFrameField_Uploader extends Upload"

I've got error that SWFUploadFileIFrameField.ss, Upload.ss, Upload_iframe.ss and SWFUploadFileIFrameField.ss not found and really i can't find it in the modules folders there're only empty template folders, so I created this files, but of course nothing is displayed now

any ideas?

By the way it works perfectly in the assets with dataobject_manager

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

26 June 2010 at 5:38am

Guys, just a heads up:

1) I haven't supported SWFUploadIFrameField in almost a year. It never worked correctly.

2) I'm going to be nuking the whole SWFUpload module very soon in favor of a more stable plugin, and you'll be able to use it interchangeably with FileIFrameField in the CMS. I'm just ironing out the bugs now, but if you can wait just a little longer, there's a much better solution on the way.

Tonyair

26 June 2010 at 6:44am

don't waste ur time i think it needs just some simple addition, for example $FormName variable in the templates, I'll send it here when I finish additions for my own website

brice

26 June 2010 at 7:01am

UncleCheese,

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Please let me know if I can help test or work on anything in the meantime -- I'd be happy to lend some dev time.

~ Brice

Go to Top