Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem with uploading as content author with DOM & SWFUpload

Go to End

7 Posts   1654 Views

oleze

Community Member, 65 Posts

7 August 2010 at 3:22am

When I try to upload an image file with Dataobject Manager and SWFUpload field in AssetAdmin as ContentAuthor, the SWF Field stays saying "Processing" and doesn't complete. When I'm logged in as Administrator, I can upload without problems. Rights for "Files & Images" are set.

mirkosassetti

Community Member, 20 Posts

7 August 2010 at 3:36am

Same problem here ... i'm searching for a solution but can't find one for now.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

7 August 2010 at 3:41am

Make sure your PHP setting "session_use_only_cookies" is off.

mirkosassetti

7 August 2010 at 4:04am

I check the PHP setting "session_use_only_cookies" but it's off by default in my MAMP on Mac.
I read the other discussion about the uploader stuck on "Processing", but here the problem is a bit different because DOM and SWFUpload works correctly if user have administration rights, stuck only with user without administration rights, so it seem a permission problem.
I notice that stuck not only on File and Assets Manager, but also on page with DOM.
I notice also that if i try to upload an image it stuck on "Processing", but if i try to upload another type of files it stuck on "Uploading".
Tried also different browser, nothing.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

7 August 2010 at 4:12am

There was a bug a few revs ago, where FileDataObjectManagerController::handleswfupload() was checking the wrong permission code. "CMSAccess_CMSMain" instead of "CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain". Make sure you're on the latest rev of FileDOM and swfupload.

mirkosassetti

7 August 2010 at 4:32am

Mmmmm ... i have SilverStripe 2.4.1 and i have just downloaded and updated DOM and SWFUpload ... but, you are right!
I checked the function FileDataObjectManagerController::handleswfupload() and the permission code was wrong. Changed it and all works fine now.
Thanks a lot UncleCheese, you save my vacation! :)
I owe you a beer, at least :)

oleze

Community Member, 65 Posts

7 August 2010 at 4:46am

Okay, I checked my files too and it did help to change "CMSAccess_CMSMain" to "CMS_ACCESS_CMSMain". Before I did that, I checked the release on the module page. That does actually have that bug right now, that's why I had it....

Thank you Uncle Cheese. If you visit Germany you can get a beer from me too ;).