Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ImageGalleryPage - Error Saving Content

Go to End

56 Posts   17334 Views

RidinHighSpeeds

Community Member, 3 Posts

9 January 2011 at 7:25am

Thank you.. I'll give that a shot!

mephzara

Community Member, 18 Posts

3 February 2011 at 11:03pm

Hello

I am currently programming a very simple page that contains a set of pictures. I am using the DataObjectManager and I am trying to change the upload folder. I use the ImageGallery module as an example and now I am getting the same errors as you in this thread. I can create the page but I cannot change the page name and save it.

The problem is that the name of the new page and the name of the created folder differ. The page for example has the name NeuLZImageSetPage but the name of the folder is new-LZImageSetPage. After that the database and the filesystem are out of sync and each subsequent save fails because the folder cannot be renamed.

In my case I have a german site. So the URL-Segment and the Page title differ. I suppose that is the problem. Maybe there are other situations where the title and the URL are different (maybe when a new page is created straight after another and Silverstripes appends page numbers). That could be also a hint that the whole thing works sometimes and sometimes not.

Best regards

mephzara

Community Member, 18 Posts

3 February 2011 at 11:08pm

Yepp, after the the following change the error disappears...

folder = Folder::findOrMake('imagesets/' . $this->URLSegment);
$folder->Title = $this->Title;
// $folder->setName($this->Title);
$folder->setName($this->URLSegment);
$folder->write();

Regards

Monty

Community Member, 19 Posts

21 February 2011 at 7:29pm

Edited: 21/02/2011 7:29pm

I had these same problems, but found if I deleted the ImageGallery tables in the DB and then did a dev/build/?flush=1 and then tried to add a new gallery all was fine.

silverseba

Community Member, 26 Posts

12 August 2011 at 3:05am

Edited: 12/08/2011 8:14pm

I had similar problems: When creating or renaming a ImageGalleryPage, multiple Folders in "Files&Images" were created, and saving the page resulted in an error (Error 500: error renaming folder / folder does not exist).

I solved this issue with 2 steps:

1. I added proper rights (777) recursively to the 'image-gallery' folder
2. I added a patch to image_gallery/code/ImageGalleryPage.php, that solved issues of creating multiple folders with wrong names (which resulted in the above errors when Silverstripe was trying to rename folders that didn´t exist)

I forked the code on GitHub, so you can get the fixed PHP-file from there:
https://github.com/sebastiand/ImageGallery/commit/280a90b2312641968d780b96a36add570b5080a4

@UncleCheese: would you please add the fix to the master release of ImageGallery
I also added a onBeforeDelete() function which properly clears up all Albums and the RootFolder

pinkp

Community Member, 182 Posts

1 September 2011 at 8:34am

Mine was fixed by upgrading the DOM to : DataObjectManager-master-HEAD

http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/modules/master/DataObjectManager-master-HEAD.tar.gz

I no longer get the save error, I also changed the file permissions.

janulka

Community Member, 80 Posts

6 September 2011 at 2:16am

This is what I am doing when I get "error saving content":

1. I create new ImageGalleryPage, name it something "My Test Page"
2. Delete the page from Silverstripe
3. Create new ImageGalleryPage and trying to name it "My Test Page" again

only when I manually clear everything with reference to "My Test Page" from DB (previous versions I guess, folders related to image gallery) then I can create "My Test Page" again..

janulka

Community Member, 80 Posts

6 September 2011 at 7:50am

But hey, after I tried the patch silverseba posted link to (https://github.com/sebastiand/ImageGallery/commit/280a90b2312641968d780b96a36add570b5080a4), this seems to be fixed, lovely, thank you!! :)