Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Force reload onAfterWrite

Go to End

7 Posts   2731 Views

k0m0r

Community Member, 39 Posts

7 October 2010 at 6:01pm

Edited: 07/10/2010 6:02pm

Hi.
Is there any way of forcing CMS page reload, after saving DataObject in a popup?
I've got a DataObject that creates another object onAfterWrite. So I open a popup, click on 'save', and a new object is supposed to be added into another DOM (separate tab). But it doesn't show up until page reload, which is obvious.
I would like to force entire page reload when my object is successfully saved in a popup.
How do I do this?
Thx a lot.

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

7 October 2010 at 10:26pm

You mean? :

LeftAndMain::ForceReload ();

k0m0r

7 October 2010 at 11:25pm

Calling this inside a popup has no effect :(

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

8 October 2010 at 2:56am

Yeah, that won't work in a popup. I really can't think of any clean way to do this, to be honest. I'm sure with enough coding it's possible, but it would be pretty experimental.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

k0m0r

8 October 2010 at 11:33am

Edited: 08/10/2010 11:35am

Uncle Cheese, even most experimental really does work fine for me. I don't need it to be kosher, as the whole project is coded guerilla style. I just need to refresh the page no matter how, cause every other solution is worse than that.

k0m0r

8 October 2010 at 10:33pm

Alright, I've been thinking about this - and what I exactly need to do, is to close the popup, reload tab being the parent, and all of its siblings.
For example, I have three tabs in Root.Content: tabA, tabB and tabC, each containing one DataObjectManager.
I open a popup in one of them, save an object, and inside its onAfterWrite I need to close the popup and reload tabs A,B,C.

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

5 October 2011 at 10:43am

just a following up on this? did anyone get this working?

i have a shopping system - if someone adds a an extra item to the orders list (using dataobjectmanager) i need to refresh the other tabs which have a summary of the total order amounts...

Cheers