Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ffmpeg

Go to End

28 Posts   2964 Views

dacar

Community Member, 168 Posts

15 October 2010 at 12:03am

Hi i am using DOM to Upload Videos to my server. ffmpeg ist installed properly:

ffmpeg_log.txt:

[2010-10-14 12:08:15] /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
[2010-10-14 12:08:15] FFmpeg version 0.6, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 13 2010 14:32:14 with gcc 4.2.1 20070719 [FreeBSD]
configuration: --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-pthreads --enable-x11grab --enable-memalign-hack --cc=cc --extra-cflags=-msse -I/usr/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --extra-libs=-pthread --disable-debug --disable-libopencore-amrnb --disable-libopencore-amrwb --disable-libdirac --disable-libfaac --disable-libfaad --disable-ffserver --disable-libgsm --disable-libmp3lame --disable-libopenjpeg --disable-libschroedinger --disable-ffplay --disable-libspeex --disable-libtheora --disable-libvorbis --disable-libvpx --disable-libx264 --disable-libxvid
libavutil 50.15. 1 / 50.15. 1
libavcodec 52.72. 2 / 52.72. 2
libavformat 52.64. 2 / 52.64. 2
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.19. 0 / 1.19. 0
libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

But everytime i upload anvideo, FileDataObjectManager.php doesnt change the ClassName
Every time "File" is saved to file.ClassName.

// Provide an "upgrade" to File subclasses
         if($file->class == "File") {
            $ext = strtolower($file->Extension);
            if(in_array($ext, MP3::$allowed_file_types) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_audio)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("MP3");
            else if(in_array($ext, array('jpg','jpeg','gif','png')) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_image)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("Image");
            else if(in_array($ext, FLV::$allowed_file_types) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_video)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("FLV");
         }

Can anybody help to debug this?

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

15 October 2010 at 2:35am

I would just cast that relationship as "FLV" instead of file. That way you don't have to worry about the automatic update.

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

dacar

15 October 2010 at 10:29pm

Edited: 15/10/2010 10:43pm

thanks for your reply. But casting the relationship does not help. after uploading Logos.mpg the data was written correctely into DB: ClassName = FLV. But FileName is still: assets/Uploads/Logos.mpg. And because of this the play does not find the movie to play it. The player is looking for: assets/Uploads/Logos.flv.

Shouldn't the player except the following filetypes:

public static $allowed_file_types = array(
      'flv','avi','mov','mpeg','mpg','m4a'
   );

Hope you can show me how to use this coole feature.

Greetings, Carsten.

EDIT: On your youtube video it seems to work aout of the box ([url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12iZM1IZ8Ec&feature=player_embedded[/url])?

dacar

18 October 2010 at 11:07pm

hi, it is still frustrating. I have asked my provider to run the following by shell: ffmpeg -i Logos3.mpg -f flv -y test.flv
And the Logos3.mpg has been transformed to test.flv. So i can be sure FFMPEG is running. But why are my uploads not transformed to .flv? What do i have to do that the right ClassName ist being used automatically? As i mentioned above: Just casting the relatinonship as FLV doesn't make the trick!

Please, isn't there anybody out there who can help?

Greetings, Carsten.

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

19 October 2010 at 2:03am

Are you using Uploadify or SWFUpload?

dacar

19 October 2010 at 4:09am

hi, it is uploadify.

dacar

19 October 2010 at 8:37pm

Hi uncle cheese,

i think the usage of the new uploadify module [url][/url] is forcing the "className" problem.
The ClassName is rewritten in handleswfupload() Line 688 of dataobject_manager/Code/FileDataObjectManager.php

// Provide an "upgrade" to File subclasses
         if($file->class == "File") {
            $ext = strtolower($file->Extension);
            if(in_array($ext, MP3::$allowed_file_types) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_audio)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("MP3");
            else if(in_array($ext, array('jpg','jpeg','gif','png')) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_image)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("Image");
            else if(in_array($ext, FLV::$allowed_file_types) && FileDataObjectManager::$upgrade_video)
               $file = $file->newClassInstance("FLV");
         }

But there is no function for uploadify. I think there must be a similar function in uploadify/code/MultipleFileUploadField.php.
Probably within the Files() function Lines 135+

Greetings from Germany, Carsten.

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

20 October 2010 at 2:57am

Hi, Carsten,

Could you please post the code you're using? I suspect you don't have the model set up right, because I'm not able to replicate this issue...

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Go to Top