Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Website Error upon Apostrophe

Go to End

Hibari

Community Member, 9 Posts

22 December 2010 at 8:15am

Hey all, just had a question concerning the DOM functionality and an error that I'm getting.

For the website that I'm using, we've set up a space for the admin to put in a specific content accordingly, the first input is for the date and that one is working good, however the content area seems to be having trouble.

Upon inputting an ' (apostrophe) the page site will break with the generic "Website Error" After running the dev mode to look further into it, the problem seemed to be a bit bigger than I anticipated. The source area said this,

"}
529 function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
530 // try to extract and format query
531 if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
532 $formatter = new SQLFormatter();
533 $msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
534 }
536 user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
537 }
539 /**
540 * Return a boolean type-formatted string
541 *
542 * @param array $values Contains a tokenised list of info about this data type
"

I'm wondering how I can automatically get the site to accept an apostrophe, even convert it to » if need be, but to do that everytime the apostrophe is input into the content area rather than falling apart. I believe the problem has to do with php reading apostrophes and trying to find what it's supposed to be referencing. Anybody got a possible fix for this?