Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

support of transparancy/pngs

Go to End

3 Posts   790 Views

hi-tech

Community Member, 9 Posts

11 January 2011 at 10:01pm

Edited: 11/01/2011 10:02pm

Hi!

The whole ImageGallery thing looks really good to me! But we have a mass of pngs with transparent backgrounds, which I want some stuff members to upload in SS. I found out, that in the standard SS installation, files are uploaed untouched, e. g. as png (although when making icons of them, the original background of the picture is stretched to a rectangle with the sides filled white instead of keeping them transparent). However, DataObjectManger transforms my pics to jpgs.
But pngs are absolutely necessary for my purpose. So is there any workaround to get them work??

Thx!!

lerni

Community Member, 81 Posts

11 January 2011 at 11:58pm

are you using fancybox?
could it be related to jquery.pngFix.pack.js? you can set a different "Popup style" to check if this is the case.

hi-tech

Community Member, 9 Posts

12 January 2011 at 12:24am

Edited: 12/01/2011 12:25am

Thx for your reply, lerni!

I just messed it up. I tested it with the wrong pictures (a mass of it) from the jpg instead of the png directory... (gotta clean up my desktop right now!). So erverything works as it's supposed to.

I'm sorry for that.