Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Stage mode with DOM - extensions didnt work

Go to End

3 Posts   1886 Views

nic_james

Community Member, 1 Post

9 March 2011 at 6:32pm

Hi Uncle Cheese - or anyone who can help,

I'm using the Data Object Manager but can't seem to get ?stage=Stage to work. Whenever I update anything using Data Object Manager, the changes immediately go live.

I know others have posted this problem here, and I saw that a suggestion was simply adding:
static $extensions = array(
"Versioned('Stage', 'Live')"
);

... to the class that is extending DataObject. I did this but it did not work. I did a /dev/build/?flush=all and still the changes are going immediately live.

I'm running SS 2.4.2 and updated to your newest version of Data Object Manager you posted today.

Thank you for your help. I'm not getting any errors, this change simply did nothing. Am I missing something?

nic

T-Muns

Community Member, 8 Posts

11 June 2011 at 1:42am

I'm in the same situation. Adding that code and doing a /dev/build will create the versioned tables, but you still have to add the logic to manage the versions as well as the logic for the history.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

11 June 2011 at 3:25am

I think I gave a good explanation here http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/17152

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com