Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

JS conflict when using SimpleTinyMCEField and ImageUploadField

8 Posts   1041 Views

CraftsMan

Community Member, 35 Posts

23 March 2011 at 9:27pm

I have an extended DOM. The popup contains SimpleTinyMCEField and ImageUploadField. The SimpleTinyMCEField is not displaying the tiny menu. The error is "$ is not a function".

The menu appears if I disable ImageUploadField. I am running 2.4.3 and using the latest release of DOM.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

24 March 2011 at 2:30am

You're using the GitHub distribution of DOM? That bug was fixed a few commits back.

CraftsMan

24 March 2011 at 5:05am

UC,

I was using the release version
Build Date: 2011-03-09
Download: DataObjectManager-master-HEAD.tar.gz

Just updated to the git version ( git://github.com/unclecheese/DataObjectManager.git ) and the pop up overlay doesnt seem to work? Is there a stable version I should be using?

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

24 March 2011 at 5:34am

What do you mean by "the popup overlay doesn't seem to work?"

CraftsMan

24 March 2011 at 5:42am

Sorry UC, ignore that. Problem was I forgot to rename the DataObjectManager to dataobject_manager

Thanks for your help.

CraftsMan

5 April 2011 at 4:32pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but I am now using SimpleTinyMCEField on multiple pages. On initial load of any page in the CMS the toolbar shows fine. Click on any other page thereafter and the toolbar disappears. If I force refresh the browser, the toolbar appears again for the current page being edited but again click on any other page it disappears.

kuenkuen82

Community Member, 41 Posts

8 April 2011 at 4:17pm

I haven't found a way to solve this problem yet. Therefore when I want to use SimpleTinyMCEField I will use ImageField or FileIFrameField for DOM popups.

There seem to be some sort of conflict with the javascript.

kuenkuen82

Community Member, 41 Posts

8 April 2011 at 4:18pm

The only way I've found is to adjust the CSS file