Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

JS conflict when using SimpleTinyMCEField and ImageUploadField

8 Posts   960 Views

CraftsMan

23 March 2011 at 9:27pm Community Member, 35 Posts

I have an extended DOM. The popup contains SimpleTinyMCEField and ImageUploadField. The SimpleTinyMCEField is not displaying the tiny menu. The error is "$ is not a function".

The menu appears if I disable ImageUploadField. I am running 2.4.3 and using the latest release of DOM.

UncleCheese

24 March 2011 at 2:30am 4085 Posts

You're using the GitHub distribution of DOM? That bug was fixed a few commits back.

CraftsMan

24 March 2011 at 5:05am Community Member, 35 Posts

UC,

I was using the release version
Build Date: 2011-03-09
Download: DataObjectManager-master-HEAD.tar.gz

Just updated to the git version ( git://github.com/unclecheese/DataObjectManager.git ) and the pop up overlay doesnt seem to work? Is there a stable version I should be using?

Thanks

UncleCheese

24 March 2011 at 5:34am 4085 Posts

What do you mean by "the popup overlay doesn't seem to work?"

CraftsMan

24 March 2011 at 5:42am Community Member, 35 Posts

Sorry UC, ignore that. Problem was I forgot to rename the DataObjectManager to dataobject_manager

Thanks for your help.

CraftsMan

5 April 2011 at 4:32pm Community Member, 35 Posts

Not sure if this is a bug, but I am now using SimpleTinyMCEField on multiple pages. On initial load of any page in the CMS the toolbar shows fine. Click on any other page thereafter and the toolbar disappears. If I force refresh the browser, the toolbar appears again for the current page being edited but again click on any other page it disappears.

kuenkuen82

8 April 2011 at 4:17pm Community Member, 41 Posts

I haven't found a way to solve this problem yet. Therefore when I want to use SimpleTinyMCEField I will use ImageField or FileIFrameField for DOM popups.

There seem to be some sort of conflict with the javascript.

kuenkuen82

8 April 2011 at 4:18pm Community Member, 41 Posts

The only way I've found is to adjust the CSS file