Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hit and miss with Uploadify - IO Error

Go to End

8 Posts   8878 Views

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

25 March 2011 at 2:22pm

The files I upload through Uploadify are hit and miss.. Some complete successfully, while others light up in red and display a message, "IO Error". There doesn't seem to be a particular pattern to which files this happens to. Anybody have any idea what's up with that?

Ryan M.

26 March 2011 at 11:19pm

Update, I figured out it was only occurring on ImageUploadFields while I selected multiple images. ImageUploadFields are supposed to only accept a single file, while the Multiple....UploadFields are meant for multiple objects. I guess the question now is why doesn't the upload field prevent you from selecting multiple files, or at least gives a more specific error than an "IO Error" message?

Kowalski

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 April 2011 at 11:50am

Ryan; can you describe in a bit more detail what you did?
I have the same problem with Uploadify... Random IO errors on multiple uploads. Some get trandferred, others don't. But no clear pattern...

Ryan M.

18 April 2011 at 12:34pm

Well, I tried selecting a single file and uploading that, it went through fine. Then I tried selecting multiple files, and while the upload form accepted them without a protest, some images would fail the upload. This was tested on an ImageUploadField, which is supposed to handle only one image file.

Kowalski

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 April 2011 at 8:17am

Ok, thanks. I thought I had the latest Flash plugin installed (Safari browser, MacOS X 10.6.7), but an update to to the most recent version of the plugin have solved the problem for me.

Ryan M.

19 April 2011 at 10:51am

If the Flash version is breaking Uploadify, then UncleCheese needs to be aware of this and fix it for backwards compatibility.

elgordo

Community Member, 70 Posts

24 April 2011 at 7:30pm

I think the problem is with the jquery uploadify widget being Flash sensitive - I've been bashing my head trying to figure out why it suddenly stopped working then discovered the Flash version problem. Working on one computer but not the other... :(

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

2 March 2013 at 6:00am

I have had an on going IO error problem of months. Can figure it out.
All upload forms, (as part of Uncle cheeses gallery module, via the Files & Images section etc..)
The only way I can seem to upload an image is via the Pixlr module.. it is work perfectly.

Investigating I found that any new folder I create with the Files & Folders 'create' feature, is set 755, and for some reason I am unable to upload to it via FTPs unless set to 777.. so I do that. Now I can upload images via FTPs, but not via the CMS.
Still IO error. (except with Pixlr)

Could I perhaps have a user/group problem on my server? That might explain why my FTPs login can't upload unless dir is set 777.

What user is the CMS trying to act as? How can I check? Anyway to check what the Pixlr module is running as?
Any other guidance??? Any way to reset the vhost directory to defaults?