Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Issue with Uploadify

4 Posts   1263 Views

Arctos

Community Member, 3 Posts

7 April 2011 at 2:26pm

After scouring the forums, both the Silverstripe and Uploadify; I wasn't sure which to specifically diagnose.

Using the latest Silverstripe (2.4.5), latest DataObjectManager and Uploadify (since 4/1/2011):

In attempts to upload anything, I end up with a white page, except for "Closing..."

With the following notable firefox error console errors:

Error: parent.jQuery is not a function
Source File: http://www.bengaltownship.org/beta/admin/assets/EditForm/field/Files/UploadifyForm?SecurityID=cd93d5a4242f540f89d1908a2a91a8fb4a2ed195&ctf[Files][start]=0&ctf[Files][per_page]=10&ctf[Files][showall]=0&ctf[Files][sort]=SortOrder&ctf[Files][sort_dir]=&ctf[Files][search]=&ctf[Files][filter]=&ctf[Files][view]=
Line: 24

Warning: Form contains a file input, but is missing method=POST and enctype=multipart/form-data on the form. The file will not be sent.
Source File: http://www.clientwebsite.org/beta/admin/assets/EditForm/field/File/upload?SecurityID=cd93d5a4242f540f89d1908a2a91a8fb4a2ed195 Line: 0

Interestingly enough, it seems to have uploaded the files... despite the nearly-White-Screen-Of-Death. My local WAMP version, wasn't able to get that far. I've worked with DataObjectManager and Uploadify with success in the past, so as far as I know it isn't blatant user error.

Thoughts?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

8 April 2011 at 6:54am

Yeah, it looks like the Form class is hardcoded to look for FileField subclasses. That's a drag. No way to override it, either.

function FormEncType() {
      if(is_array($this->fields->dataFields())){
         foreach($this->fields->dataFields() as $field) {
            if(is_a($field, "FileField")) return "multipart/form-data";
         }
      }
      return "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
   }

Arctos

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 April 2011 at 9:46am

I appreciate the reply,

..but where specifically are you pulling this snippet from? Silverstripe Core? Uploadify? DataObjectManager? ... and the fact that there "no way to override it", no band-aids? Because in working with different site, this time utilizing your Image_Gallery.

Same error, I feel like I must be missing something.

Thanks,

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

8 April 2011 at 1:28pm

That's in Form.php.

It's not really an error, it's just a warning. Ideally you want the multipart enctype on a form with a file input, but it's kind of a moot point since Flash replaces the file input with its own interface.