Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Manage Object with multiple images with IDOM

2 Posts   1013 Views

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

20 June 2011 at 5:12pm

Edited: 20/06/2011 5:17pm

I have done this in the past with other versions of SS and DOM but for some reason SS2.4.5 and most current DOM won't work for me.

I have a DataObject that has a full size image and two other thumbnails attached as $has_one relationships. IDOM is used to add the full size image and after the image upload I am presented with the usual interface to further edit the DataObject. Now in this interface I have two ImageFields to upload the two thumbnails. However when I try to attach the thumbnail images I get an error

The code line in question is $this->form->getRecord()->write();

I do now know which record getRecord() refers to here. But I assume that it is not getting the DataObject that it is supposed to attach the image to. If I look at the database I do see that the DataObject is there and is correct.

If I just hit save without attaching the thumbnails and then click on the image in IDOM I can then use the interface normally to add the thumbnails without getting the error.

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

21 June 2011 at 4:38am

Have you tried just using Uploadify fields for those?

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com