Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Question re Album Cover Images

2 Posts   690 Views

JonC

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 August 2011 at 1:41pm

Hi, all. I'm a newbie to SS, and am having some difficulty working with image_gallery.

I'm trying to cause a page to display an album's cover art as well as all the images in the album in a list of thumbnails, with clicking on the cover art or any of the thumbnails bringing up a shadowbox via shadowbox.js. I am able to access the thumbnails, but not the album's cover art.

Code below:

HTML code, using a page that extends ImageGalleryPage.php

<ul>
<% control GalleryItems %>
<li><a href="$Image.URL" rel="shadowbox[gallery]">$Image.CroppedImage(100,60)</a></li>

<% end_control %>
</ul>

This code displays a nice list of everything in the album, but I also need the cover art. I attempted to get access to the album cover art this way:

<% control Albums %>

<% control FormattedCoverImage %>
<a href="$Image.URL" rel=" ">$Image.CroppedImage(300,200)</a>
<% end_control %>

<ul>
<% control GalleryItems %>
<li><a href="$Image.URL" rel="shadowbox">$Image.CroppedImage(100,60)</a></li>
<% end_control %>
</ul>

<% end_control %>

Nothing displays from the first control, but the second control continues to work.

What's the proper way to do this?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

30 August 2011 at 6:52am

FormattedCoverImage() returns an Image object, so you don't need to traverse to to $URL like that. It's already in scope.

GalleryItems, on the other hand, returns ImageGalleryItem objects, which have a relation to an Image, so you need to traverse to it..

---------------
Silverstripe tips, tutorials, screencasts, and more. http://www.leftandmain.com