Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Does anybody have a working example of DOM in the front-end?

Go to End

9 Posts   1591 Views

CHD

Community Member, 218 Posts

31 March 2012 at 12:26am

Hmmmm I have it almost working. Well I can add objects via the frontend DOM now, but I cant figure out the relationships.

here's my code:

function RatesForm(){
   $Apartment = $this->getApartment();   
   $Manager = new DataObjectManager(
      $this->dataRecord,
      'Rates',
      'Rates',
      array('dateStart' => 'dateStart'),
      'getCMSFields_forPopup',
      'ApartmentID = ' . $Apartment->ID
      );

$Manager->setPermissions(array("show","edit", "add"));   
   $fields = new FieldSet(
$Manager
);   
   if($Apartment)   {
   $fields->push(new HiddenField('ID','ID',$Apartment->ID));
   }

return new Form($this->dataRecord, 'RatesForm', $fields, new FieldSet());
}          

So that lists all the rates related to this apartment fine, but I can't edit them, clicking them throws up this error: [Notice] Trying to get property of non-object which is because I have the filter in there based on a $this request for apartment. as soon as you click the dataObject the URL changes and as a result there's no apartment to get an ID from.
As you can see I've put the Apartment ID into the form with a hidden field, but I can't figure out how to pass that to the DOM pop up.... if I take out the filter I can add/edit rates fine, but I need to make sure the user only see's the rates related to this apartment. I hope that makes sense!

can anybody shed any light on this?

P.S - my pop up still doesn't work either, it just opens a new page with the form fields, but I assume that can be fixed later, the pop up doesn't matter to the actual functionality, right?

Go to Top