Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

HasManyFileManager module and SilverStripe-v2.3.0-rc2

Go to End

20 Posts   6875 Views

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

28 December 2008 at 9:05pm

Hi,

This is a question for "banal", who made the awesome HasManyFileManager module: do you know what it takes to get it to work with SilverStripe v2.3.0 release candidate 2? I tried, but selecting a page from the site tree in the CMS will result in the eternal spinning arrow... any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Ray.

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

14 January 2009 at 10:38pm

as release 2.3 is getting closer, i'm also wondering wheter this module will still be working then.
i found another forum entry confirming problems here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/134180?start=56#post235923
it would be very nice to have in working in 2.3, in my opinion this is a great module and i'd like to see it merged to the core...

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 January 2009 at 4:35am

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

17 January 2009 at 5:44am

Edited: 17/01/2009 5:44am

great work this one.
i'm not using version 2.3 by now (waiting for the final release), so it's not for me at the moment, but from what i can see in the docs this will make me (and lots of others) happy!

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

5 February 2009 at 3:43am

Hello all

Sorry for the absence.
I was totally absorbed with other stuff the last months and didn't check these forums.

Seems like UncleCheese has developed a much more advanced "Multi-File-Handling" Plugin than i did. Nice work there, i'll check it out as soon as i got some free time on my hands.
I wonder if there's still any need for the HasManyFileManager Module when the BulkUploaderField comes along nicely? Having two such modules won't be very useful i guess.

Let me know why you guys think

UncleCheese

5 February 2009 at 4:07am

Thanks for your remarks, Banal. It certainly wasn't my intention to steal your thunder. I think Silverstripers everywhere would enjoy having the option to choose the module that works best for them. I've been working a ton on getting out a new version of BulkUploader, which I'm now calling DataObjectManager to be more generic.

When I released the BulkUploader about a month ago, it was pretty half-baked and buggy. The new version is much more stable and feature-rich. I will be releasing it soon in three components: DataObjectManager, FileDataObjectManager, and ImageDataObjectManager (which will become the new engine for the ImageGallery). All of these are subclasses of ComplexTableField for added stability.

Features will include:

- Bulk uploading
- File importing
- Drag and drop sorting
- Column sorting
- Pagination
- Custom filter field
- Search box
- List view / Grid view
- Live image resizing

Stay tuned.. About another week.

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

5 February 2009 at 4:18am

Edited: 05/02/2009 4:19am

"Stay tuned.. About another week"

Nice one, can't wait to install and test it out with 2.3 rc3!

UncleCheese

5 February 2009 at 6:51am

I'm developing it in 2.3 RC2, so hopefully RC3 won't be a problem. I'll be sure to test it, though. :)

Go to Top