Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

HasManyFileManager module and SilverStripe-v2.3.0-rc2

Go to End

20 Posts   3644 Views

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

28 December 2008 at 9:05pm

Hi,

This is a question for "banal", who made the awesome HasManyFileManager module: do you know what it takes to get it to work with SilverStripe v2.3.0 release candidate 2? I tried, but selecting a page from the site tree in the CMS will result in the eternal spinning arrow... any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Ray.

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

14 January 2009 at 10:38pm

as release 2.3 is getting closer, i'm also wondering wheter this module will still be working then.
i found another forum entry confirming problems here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/134180?start=56#post235923
it would be very nice to have in working in 2.3, in my opinion this is a great module and i'd like to see it merged to the core...

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

15 January 2009 at 4:35am

Also try my BulkUploaderField module here:

svn co http://svn.codespaces.com/carlinowebdesign/bulk_uploader

docs:

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:bulkuploaderfield

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

17 January 2009 at 5:44am

Edited: 17/01/2009 5:44am

great work this one.
i'm not using version 2.3 by now (waiting for the final release), so it's not for me at the moment, but from what i can see in the docs this will make me (and lots of others) happy!

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

5 February 2009 at 3:43am

Hello all

Sorry for the absence.
I was totally absorbed with other stuff the last months and didn't check these forums.

Seems like UncleCheese has developed a much more advanced "Multi-File-Handling" Plugin than i did. Nice work there, i'll check it out as soon as i got some free time on my hands.
I wonder if there's still any need for the HasManyFileManager Module when the BulkUploaderField comes along nicely? Having two such modules won't be very useful i guess.

Let me know why you guys think

UncleCheese

5 February 2009 at 4:07am

Thanks for your remarks, Banal. It certainly wasn't my intention to steal your thunder. I think Silverstripers everywhere would enjoy having the option to choose the module that works best for them. I've been working a ton on getting out a new version of BulkUploader, which I'm now calling DataObjectManager to be more generic.

When I released the BulkUploader about a month ago, it was pretty half-baked and buggy. The new version is much more stable and feature-rich. I will be releasing it soon in three components: DataObjectManager, FileDataObjectManager, and ImageDataObjectManager (which will become the new engine for the ImageGallery). All of these are subclasses of ComplexTableField for added stability.

Features will include:

- Bulk uploading
- File importing
- Drag and drop sorting
- Column sorting
- Pagination
- Custom filter field
- Search box
- List view / Grid view
- Live image resizing

Stay tuned.. About another week.

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

5 February 2009 at 4:18am

Edited: 05/02/2009 4:19am

"Stay tuned.. About another week"

Nice one, can't wait to install and test it out with 2.3 rc3!

UncleCheese

5 February 2009 at 6:51am

I'm developing it in 2.3 RC2, so hopefully RC3 won't be a problem. I'll be sure to test it, though. :)

Go to Top