Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95931 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 April 2009 at 6:50am

I've just checked in a fix that will respect the "upload" permission.

$manager->setPermissions(array('add','edit','delete'));

Will disable the upload features in the popup.

Amir Mostofi

Community Member, 59 Posts

14 April 2009 at 9:00am

UncleCheese, how's "$manager->setPermissions(array('add','edit','delete'));" supposed to work?

When I add that, it completely removes the Add Object(s) button so you cannot add any objects at all. I do not get any pop up anymore. I want to be able to import from an existing folder, just not upload from the computer using SWFUpload.

UncleCheese

14 April 2009 at 9:01am

Are you sure you updated your SVN? Make sure your FileDataObjectManager.ss has <% if Can(add) %> wrapped around that button and not <% if Can(upload) %>

Amir Mostofi

14 April 2009 at 9:18am

Edited: 14/04/2009 9:21am

I was using the latest version (r117), but FileDataObjectManager.ss still had <% if Can(upload) %> in the code. As soon as I changed it to <% if Can(add) %> it worked. Thanks!

The Add Object(s) title at the top of the pop up has disappeared through. All you see, is "import from an existing folder" with the file tree menu underneath. How can I restore the title bar in the pop up?

UncleCheese

14 April 2009 at 9:21am

Sorry, my bad. I hadn't committed. Please undo your changes and check out the latest version (should be two updates to templates).

UncleCheese

14 April 2009 at 9:24am

Okay, i've put the header back in.

Amir Mostofi

14 April 2009 at 9:53am

Thank you! All working fine.

UncleCheese

15 April 2009 at 3:27am

DataObjectManager users -- be advised. The "examples" directory has been removed from SVN. I was receiving a lot of complaints about it and just recently it created a conflict on one of my own sites, so that's the end of it.

If you're relying on the example code for any of your sites, please migrate it to the mysite folder. I will archive the example code and have it available for download if anyone is still interested.

Go to Top