Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   63223 Views

dynamite

Community Member, 66 Posts

26 February 2009 at 3:26am

Cool. Would it be safe to assume that DataObjectManager is already more stable than BulkUploader? I have a project that needs to be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks, and I do have BulkUploader 75% working for it, but will switch if this new module is what you'll be focusing on. Thanks again!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

26 February 2009 at 8:49am

@ dynamite - I'd highly encourage you to switch to a FileDataObjectManager in lieu of the BulkUploader. I never got that to a stable state and i'm not sure I even have the source code for it anymore. Glad someone was able to get some use out of it, though!

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 8:51am

@ntessore - I have confirmed that your bug happens with a ComplexTableField, as well. Major bummer, but I do have to flag that as low priority since it was a pre-existing condition, so to speak. Sorry that's happening. You may just have to duplicate your classes rather than sub them out. :(

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 9:41am

@ Bo - I have confirmed your bug and I am looking into it.

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 10:30am

@ Bo - I believe I have fixed the sorting bug. Please do a checkout and test. Thanks.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

26 February 2009 at 11:08am

Wow. I go away for a few weeks and come back with this. Nice!

I'm debating using the nestedurls branch as this project I'm currently working on is large. Any idea if this will be compatible?

I want to use the branch, but gotta do some more research on it to see how stable it is. I know the SS team launched a site with it, but don't want to waste too much time if a lot of stuff won't work with it.

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 11:23am

Can't really comment on the NestedURLs module. Never used it. This module doesnt' do much with the URLs beyond basic controller/action/id type stuff. If a CTF works, you should be fine.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

26 February 2009 at 10:46pm

Just wanted to let you know we have it up and running in a live site ... Works great !

Thanks for the hard work , I definitely vote to get this (and your other) modules in the "official" modules download section (and CVS repository) !

Go to Top