Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95924 Views

dynamite

Community Member, 66 Posts

26 February 2009 at 3:26am

Cool. Would it be safe to assume that DataObjectManager is already more stable than BulkUploader? I have a project that needs to be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks, and I do have BulkUploader 75% working for it, but will switch if this new module is what you'll be focusing on. Thanks again!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 February 2009 at 8:49am

@ dynamite - I'd highly encourage you to switch to a FileDataObjectManager in lieu of the BulkUploader. I never got that to a stable state and i'm not sure I even have the source code for it anymore. Glad someone was able to get some use out of it, though!

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 8:51am

@ntessore - I have confirmed that your bug happens with a ComplexTableField, as well. Major bummer, but I do have to flag that as low priority since it was a pre-existing condition, so to speak. Sorry that's happening. You may just have to duplicate your classes rather than sub them out. :(

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 9:41am

@ Bo - I have confirmed your bug and I am looking into it.

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 10:30am

@ Bo - I believe I have fixed the sorting bug. Please do a checkout and test. Thanks.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

26 February 2009 at 11:08am

Wow. I go away for a few weeks and come back with this. Nice!

I'm debating using the nestedurls branch as this project I'm currently working on is large. Any idea if this will be compatible?

I want to use the branch, but gotta do some more research on it to see how stable it is. I know the SS team launched a site with it, but don't want to waste too much time if a lot of stuff won't work with it.

UncleCheese

26 February 2009 at 11:23am

Can't really comment on the NestedURLs module. Never used it. This module doesnt' do much with the URLs beyond basic controller/action/id type stuff. If a CTF works, you should be fine.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

26 February 2009 at 10:46pm

Just wanted to let you know we have it up and running in a live site ... Works great !

Thanks for the hard work , I definitely vote to get this (and your other) modules in the "official" modules download section (and CVS repository) !

Go to Top