Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   63774 Views

LesC

Community Member, 70 Posts

27 February 2009 at 11:51pm

This looks like a pretty powerful module, but I've got one question:

How do I keep uploaded resources related to just the page they're uploaded to? I can see this has been done on the demo site, but can't see where the relationship is defined in the example code.

When I upload a file, all other pages that have that class can also see the file in the related files list.

Code: [url]http://pastie.org/401950[/url]

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

L

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

27 February 2009 at 11:58pm

Edited: 28/02/2009 12:56am

Hi Les

I am pretty sure you can just add a filter clause in the same way as the complex table field:

$manager = new FileDataObjectManager(
         $this, // Controller
         'FileResources', // Source name
         'FileResource', // Source class
         'Attachment', // File name on DataObject ( Resource::$has_one = array('Attachment' => 'File') )
         array(
            'DisplayTitle' => 'DisplayTitle'
         ), // Headings
         'getCMSFields_forPopup', // Detail fields (function name or FieldSet object)
         "ServicePageID = $this->ID" //Filter clause ******HERE****** make sure to add the coma above too
         // Sort clause
         // Join clause
      );

LesC

28 February 2009 at 12:20am

Wow, that was a quick response! Thank you Aram.

I'm not sure exactly how to implement what you suggested, as it immediately throws a PHP error in my server logs, so I've done a quick search and improvised:

$manager = new FileDataObjectManager(
         $this, // Controller
         'FileResources', // Source name
         'FileResource', // Source class
         'Attachment', // File name on DataObject ( Resource::$has_one = array('Attachment' => 'File') )
         array(
            'DisplayTitle' => 'DisplayTitle'
         ), // Headings
         'getCMSFields_forPopup', // Detail fields (function name or FieldSet object)
         $filter = 'ServicesPageID = '.$this->ID// Filter clause
         // Sort clause
         // Join clause
      );

Now it's complaining that there's and "Unknown column 'ServicesPageID' in 'where clause'" - is this something that I need to define elsewhere (maybe in the FileResource class)?

Sorry, I'm having a Friday morning brain problem today!!

LesC

28 February 2009 at 12:31am

Ahahaha!! A cupt of tea and fits into place...

It turns out that I'd declared a has_one relationship in the FileResource class, but had named it Page, not ServicesPage - a simple change in the FileResource class to:

static $has_one = array (
      'Attachment' => 'File',
      'ServicesPage' => 'ServicesPage'
   );

and a quick rebuild of the DB and all is working.

Now, my next question is - do I need to create a Resource class for each of the page types that I want to display this control on, or is there an easy way for me to set the filter on the main page ID? Can I do it through the SiteTree table at all?

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

28 February 2009 at 12:38am

I think you should be able to just add the page types to the has one relation ship, so you will have a number of has_one's but only one will be used at a time. Not sure if there is a better way to do it though

LesC

28 February 2009 at 12:46am

Thanks for the nudge Aram, that works perfectly. :)

LesC

28 February 2009 at 2:08am

Edited: 28/02/2009 3:33am

Okey dokey, two more quick questions:

1. How do you define the default upload folder for the FileDataObjectManager module?
I don't want my users to be uploading to the root of the Upload folder, as it'll make attaching files and images very messy!

2. And, is there a way to store or display the file properties such as filesize and filetype?
I can see that the control for editing the asset shows both, but can't see how I call this in the UI.

Cheers

L

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

28 February 2009 at 3:43am

1) This is actually in production right now. I've had a number of requests for it. Check out the svn later today (it's Friday morning here). The implementation is $manager->allowUploadFolderSelection();

2) File size and type are stored automatically in the File table. Use $Size and $Type (I believe). In the example code for "Resource" that would look like this:

$Attachment.Size
$Attachment.Type

(might be FileType, or something like that. I forget the exact name of the property)

Go to Top