Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95930 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:27am

Thanks, Fuzz! Glad to hear it.

@drye: This seems to be a common misconception about the ImageGallery. The templates that come with it are not by any means intended for use in the final production of your site. They're merely there to get you started and show you the basic template controls. You're free to handle the output of the gallery any way you want.

Of course, it would be nice if in the Configuration tab, you could choose "None" for the popup UI to avoid Javascript conflicts. :-)

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:36am

Of course, Not a misconception on my part, I just have no need for any of the thumbnails, controls, or any of the ImageGallery support really. And yes there is that pesky issue of JS conflicts :)

But my current slide show is not perfect, thus why I asked how yours is coming along. I figure I can style it anyway I see fit, what I meant by asking if I could achieve similar results with the slide show you are working on is the controls available, the navigation at the bottom, and transition effects. None the less, I believe I will give your ImageObjectManager a try to drive the data to my current show.

Thanks again, and good day.

UncleCheese

4 March 2009 at 4:49am

This is the slideshow I plan on implementing with ImageGallery:

http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/

Works just like Slideshow Pro, but no Flash. Problem is, it's MooTools, so there's a lot of work to be done in resolving JS conflicts there.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:52am

By the way .... :

How come your stuff isn't in the module-library ?

http://www.silverstripe.org/modules/manage/add

UncleCheese

4 March 2009 at 4:57am

Waiting till I have docs done. I am anxious to get it added, though.

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

4 March 2009 at 5:54am

To avoid the JS conflicts have a look at this slide show instead:

http://dhonishow.de/

It is jquery based.

I had considered SmoothGallery but went with dhonishow rock instead to avoid conflicts.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

4 March 2009 at 6:09am

Edited: 04/03/2009 6:10am

Hey drye thanks for the link, that looks pretty good! Not sure about the font though ;)

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

7 March 2009 at 11:06am

Got it working well! Thanks heaps for all your recent work UncleCheese.

I am using this module to create a website planning page that we can use with new clients. Just a couple of questions:
1: How would I go about getting an email sent whenever a new dataobject is added? ie, if they add an document to a page it sends me an email letting me know.

2: Is there a way to have the date set in the popup automatically to 'Todays' date so we can order additions by date added? I tried:

$todaysdate = date('d/m/Y');
		return new FieldSet(
			new CalendarDateField('Date', 'Date', $todaysdate),

But it didnt seem to work - date field remained blank

3: I have a FileDataObjectManager and a DataObjectManager on the same pagetype on different tabs, how can I set different things for the manager of each ie: $manager->setPluralTitle('Documents'); for one and $manager->setPluralTitle('Comment'); for the other?

Cheers,

Howard

Go to Top