Damn you beat me :) just came to delete the question :P
150 Posts 26054 Views
Code examples are up.
just found a binary for people on shared hosting with no ffmpeg support. I had to "chmod +x" by moving it in the cgi-directory and set the path to it in _config.php linke this:
Thanks a lot for the such amazing modules!
I have a few questions regarding DataObjectManager:
1. For example I would like to show second video from the files list (aka resources) on the sidebar. How can i get 1 of 20 files (aka resources)?
2. How can I change video player from FLV to QuickTime? (sure it's not enough to change player name in shadowbox_init.js ?)
3. I successfully generated video thumbnail, but how can i put video thumbnail in the player? I mean, if i genrate thumbnail - it's simply static image showing instead a video player. so, how can I use thumbnail in the player?
1) I'm not sure what you mean. You want to apply different treatment to the second video?
<% if Pos = 2 %>Do something else<% else %>Do the normal thing<% end_if %> ???
2) The video features are FLV centered. If you upload Quicktime movies they will be converted to FLV.
3) The video thumbnail is only good for the VideoPopup right now. I'm not sure if the player will allow you to set a static thumbnail image on its first frame.
Regarding 1 question - I mean here - how to get one file from the files list? for example I have uploaded 20 video files and want to display only third video file on the page sidebar. How can I get this file from the files list?
Regarding FLV player - if I would like to use another FLV player (for example ccPlayer - http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/ccforflash/ccplayermain.html ).
Regarding video thumbnail - JW FLV Player have the preview image option - image (undefined): location of a preview image; shown in display and playlist. So if we can generate thumbnail, we should also have possibility to use it as preview image?
If you want special treatment for one video, you usually use a HasOneDataObjectManager for something like that
static $has_one = array ('SidebarVideo' => 'MyVideoObject');
$f->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Sidebar Video", new HasOneDataObjectManager(
// headings array...
The on your template
<% control SidebarVideo %>
<% end_control %>
You could also add a boolean to your video object for "show in sidebar" and then write function to just get those videos that have that checked. That would allow multiple videos if you ever wanted to do that.
You're welcome to use a different FLV player. Just extend the FLV class to your own and you can overload the Player function.
I'll look into the preview image. I don't know much about JWPlayer. I'm kind of learning as I go. :)
How to set the video or audio to open in new window popup not ajax??