Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Feature: Audio and Video

Go to End

150 Posts   38453 Views

draft

Community Member, 57 Posts

21 July 2009 at 8:18pm

Hi,

Sorry i figure it my self, it turn out it's on /sapphire folder, so for the relative path just need to change the relative path to ../relative_path.

And also can't use proc_open like i said before, so got to execute it with @exec.

So now is working like charm...

-Draft

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 July 2009 at 1:06am

The proc_open function is a safer and more secure way to run shell commands and it will help with future enhancements such as displaying video conversion progress. But if it's not working on your system maybe there should be a flag to set how the command is run.

draft

22 July 2009 at 3:23am

Well it's working if using absolute path, but using relative path, it can't find the file, it said no directory/file found.. I will also try it on linux.. It's been great uncle cheese.. hey do you know how to remove that jwplayer logo at the swf player?

UncleCheese

22 July 2009 at 3:38am

The only way I've been able to get the ffmpeg_root to work is using absolute pathing, just FYI.

The logo is part of the tradeoff for using a free player, and I think removing it is a violation of the terms of use.

draft

22 July 2009 at 3:53am

Ah i see.. Do you know if there is a free player without the logo on it? And is it possible we switch it using that player.. Sorry if i'm asking too much, just i thought it would be cool to have the player without the logo :)

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

22 July 2009 at 4:00am

Just to clarify here: The JW FLV Player is licensed under creative commons 3.0, noncommercial (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/). You would violate the license, when you use this player for commercial use.

As an alternative, you could try the FlowPlayer (http://flowplayer.org/index.html) which has also a free version, licensed under GPL (remains free for commercial use).

UncleCheese

22 July 2009 at 4:04am

Doesn't look free to me for commercial use...?

http://flowplayer.org/download/index.html

Shawn Parr

Community Member, 60 Posts

22 July 2009 at 4:07am

Actually it does look free:

Use this version freely. This is Open Source and available under the GPL license and can be used in commercial projects.

However it also looks like it is still branded so it won't necessarily solve the issue being discussed.

Go to Top