Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Running SS 2.3.1 but getting the message DataObjectManager requires the SWFUpload module

Go to End

8 Posts   3634 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

12 May 2009 at 10:27pm

Hi

I have SS 2.3.1 installed (which has swfupload installed). I have then added Data object Manager 1.4.8 and then Image Gallery1.4.1

It all seemed to install fine but I get the message DataObjectManager requires the SWFUpload module when I try to create a gallery page. Do I need to upgrade the version of swfupload that comes with SS2.3.1 to 2.2.0.1? Or is there something else I need to do

Thanks

Catherine

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 May 2009 at 1:43am

Hmm.. All it should be checking for is whether the class SWFUploadField exists. Did you do a flush=1 after you put the swfupload folder in your Silverstripe root?

In your _config.php, try adding SWFUploadConfig::debug(); and see if it throws a class not found error.

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

13 May 2009 at 9:08pm

hello, i had the same problem.
yes, there is an "swfupload" folder in "jsparty" folder, but the swfupload module does not come with ss2.3.1, right?

hum.. i searched in forums, i searched in modules area.. i realy did not found your postet swfupload module.. so i downloaded all files from your trunk:
http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/swfupload/

If someone else need this module, just download here and place it into SS ROOT Folder.
http://www.salvadrive.biz/swfupload.rar

and now my gallerie works fine! :D

(unclecheese, if you want me to delete this file from my server, just tell me!)

SalvaStripe

13 May 2009 at 9:46pm

hmm.. in this RAR file, the files does end with ".js.txt"

after or before uploading you have to make the ".js.txt" to ".js"

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 May 2009 at 1:18am

Did that fix it? Removing the .txt? I have no idea why it would have a .txt extension in the first place. I'll look at it.

SalvaStripe

14 May 2009 at 9:33pm

hm.. i did not found YOUR uploaded swfupload module, so i saved all files from your TRUNK.
i think when i save files from the trunk they are TXT files.

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

15 May 2009 at 1:14am

Hi Uncle Cheese and SalvaStripe

Thank you both for your help. I was of the misunderstanding that the swfload folder that came with 2.3.1 was enough. The new file provided everything is working as it should.

Cheers

MM

MikeOne

Community Member, 40 Posts

28 October 2009 at 11:49pm

I had the same issue - the stuff that is linked from the documentation is not a working version of swfupload. Maybe the documentation can be updated or the correct version of swfupload an be added to the official downloads via the modules page?