Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

mixing dataobjectmanager with complextablefield breaks ctf

Go to End

10 Posts   4214 Views

schellmax

Community Member, 126 Posts

17 May 2009 at 9:01am

hi
i just noticed paging ('view next 10') is not working any more in one of my complextablefields. instead of paging (which should be an ajax request), a new html page is opened containg the unstyled ctf. same for the 'view' action.
inside the 'getCmsFields' function i'm also using a dataobjectmanager - when i leave it out, my ctf is working again.

unfortunately, i can't replace the ctf with a dom (see http://silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/260716)

maybe someone can help here, first time i'm having problems with this otherwise awesome module...

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 May 2009 at 12:53pm

Edited: 17/05/2009 12:53pm

Yeah, I have tested DOM with a CTF running concurrently and I've had a fair amount of success. It doesn't surprise me that it's breaking, though. There's a lot of exposure to Javascript conflicts.

Your HasOneDataObjectManager bug is one I'm aware of, but still haven't figured out. The quick fix is to change the Title field to something like Name, and it will work fine.

schellmax

17 May 2009 at 7:45pm

thanks for your response. is there some ticket system for dom? would be nice to have milestones for dom in open.silverstripe.org - now that it has its own forum... ;-)

as you suggested, i tried using a name field for HasOneDataObjectManager, and yes, the content shows up - but the layout is still broken. annoying i can't upload files here, so i used my flickr account:
see http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2139/3538394898_d04abfedb0_o.jpg

UncleCheese

18 May 2009 at 3:44am

Wow. Browser/OS?

schellmax

18 May 2009 at 6:03am

vista / firefox 3. same on ie7

UncleCheese

18 May 2009 at 8:49am

Can you confirm that the layout is not broken when using a standard DataObjectManager? I have a feeling it's the radio button that is causing that.

schellmax

18 May 2009 at 7:48pm

simple dom is doing fine.
i compared the html of both dom and hasone-dom and found a class missing in hasone-dom:

dom

<div style="width: 100%;" id="list-holder" class="list column1">

hasone-dom

<div style="width: 100%;" id="list-holder" class="column1">

see the missing 'list' class in hasone-dom? when i set it in the hasone-dom using firebug, everything's fine again!
do you have an idea / could you give me a hint where to look for this in the source?

UncleCheese

19 May 2009 at 2:34am

Are you sure you're on the latest version? I'm looking at the source on line 39 of RelationDataObjectManager and I have:

<div class="list column{$Headings.Count}" id="list-holder" style="width:100%;">

Go to Top