Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

DataObjectManager Code Examples

84 Posts   21997 Views

robotlon

Community Member, 6 Posts

27 October 2009 at 2:03am

Why in DataObjectManager_media_examples createThumbnail function don`t work property? My template display default_thumbnail only. Who can help advice?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

27 October 2009 at 2:42am

Have you confirmed that FFMPEG is installed?

robotlon

27 October 2009 at 3:16am

Yes. I can see message "FFMPEG is installed on your server and working properly. Code: 1"
But thumbnail don`t work, only default_thumbnail.

UncleCheese

27 October 2009 at 8:03am

You can look in dataobject_manager/code/flv/ffmpeg_log.txt to see what FFMPEG commands are running. I believe the thumbnail gen commands start with "ffmpeg -i -y" or something like that. You might want to try running those shell commands and see what kind of result you get. Also, make sure the proc_open() function is made available to you by your hosting provider.

robotlon

28 October 2009 at 2:12am

Edited: 28/10/2009 2:48am

Thanks for good advice. All works

UncleCheese

28 October 2009 at 2:52am

Easiest thing to do is write a little script .. maybe in your config.php that uses proc_open(). You should get an error saying you don't have access to that method. If it doesn't work, try using exec() and shell_exec() and let me know if those are open to you..

It's becoming more of an issue that users' hosting environments are restricting the video functions. I need to rethink some of this for the next release.

Also, you'll find the set_ffmpeg_root() function is useful. Some users have had to use an absolute path to the ffmpeg executable to get it to run, e.g.

_config.php

FLV::set_ffmpeg_root("/var/usr/bin/ffmpeg/");

Or wherever it lives on your sever. You might have to ask your hosting provider, or there might be a unix command like "locate ffmpeg" you can use to find it. A lot of times, the server isn't set up right for calling "ffmpeg" just anywhere. It returns command not found without an absolute path.

robotlon

28 October 2009 at 5:59am

Thanks for all.    can you help me in another question? How I can change video player. I want to open video from my site using my player.
thank again.

UncleCheese

28 October 2009 at 6:18am

This is a feature that I have in my plans, but is not implemented yet. In forthcoming versions, you'll be able to create plugins for specific players.