Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Bug Reports

Go to End

297 Posts   102011 Views

owaiskl

Community Member, 16 Posts

11 March 2010 at 8:27am

Edited: 11/03/2010 8:27am

Hey guys,

I've been getting the following error when attempting to use the SWFupload in conjunction with the data object manager, a little pop up comes up saying:

TypeError: Property 'onsubmit' of object #<an HTMLFormElement> is not a function

I tried many different ways to fix it, including updating DOM to the latest build, then trying to update SWFupload to the latest version or beta, neither of which was recognized by SS or DOM, and so I had to revert back to the last version I had installed, which I don't even know the version number of.

So, I have a feeling that the bug may not actually be in DOM, but rather in SS or SWFUpload, but if someone could even help translate the error in english to me, maybe I'll be able to fix it. Please and thank you.

SS. 2.3.4
DOM r374
SWFUpload Not sure
Tried in all browsers, and several operating systems

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

11 March 2010 at 8:37am

I would update your swfupload code to the latest version. There were some javascript fixes that got rolled out a few ticks back.

owaiskl

11 March 2010 at 8:46am

Thanks for your quick response,

I tried to get the latest swfupload revision, except SS didnt seem to accept the newer one? Is it not just the same installation process (copy the folder to root, change name to swfupload and then dev/build/)? Unless they're some more specific way to update swfupload that I havent been able to figure out in these three hours...

UncleCheese

11 March 2010 at 9:04am

In the latest rev, there are two properties in the SWFUploadControls class: "$image_class" and "$file_class"

If you have that, you're on the latest version.

owaiskl

11 March 2010 at 9:08am

I checked it, and it has the $file but not $image_class or $file_class....

So I need to update swf upload, but dragging and dropping that has refused to work for me?

UncleCheese

11 March 2010 at 9:37am

I'm not sure what you mean by drag and drop. I usually just pull it down with SVN.

owaiskl

11 March 2010 at 9:39am

Edited: 11/03/2010 9:49am

By drag and drop I meant I deleted the old swfupload folder through ftp, and then uploaded the new version through ftp again... and I get

Error: DataObjectManager requires the SWFUpload module.

instead of the assets page in admin...

Also, I dont have an SVN client, is there a free one that you recommend? For Mac?

UncleCheese

11 March 2010 at 10:35am

I can't understand why that would be happening. The directory name is "swfupload", and you're running a ?flush=1 after uploading the new one?

Go to Top