Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Feature Requests

Go to End

75 Posts   32295 Views

pbolger

Community Member, 22 Posts

16 July 2009 at 9:28am

When adding Pictures via bulk upload from the Albums page it would be nice to be able to populate the Caption field with the data from the Image Title field (which is the image file name minus the file extension).

I notice when uploading large numbers of images using bulk upload that the 'add caption' routine has a problem - it gets slower and slower to save. I uploaded 50 images this way and found that after the first 10 or so that saving was taking over a minute.

pbolger

Community Member, 22 Posts

16 July 2009 at 10:32am

Having the caption appear as the link or image title in the Album admin page would be useful. I'd do it myself if I could figure out which template to modify!

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

9 August 2009 at 8:12pm

Hi UncleCheese,

Quite a major feature request follows, It would be great to be able to output the events of the calendar on a actual calendar ie, display a month grid and display the title of events in that grid on the days they occur. I have built a calendar which can display the current month in a table on the correct days (I can't seem to attach files so ill link to them here http://tinyurl.com/nac7ds )

But now the tricky part where I hope you can help - we need to put the events in their respective box. Also ideally this would be able to switch months ie, "Next Month" "Previous Month" etc...

My coding skills are not great I'm sorry but I'm happy to help where I can.

LesC

Community Member, 70 Posts

24 August 2009 at 11:20pm

Hi UncleCheese,

Is it possible to change the SimpleTreeDropDownField so that it shows Navigation titles instead of the Page title? Or have a flag so that we can choose?

Cheers!

Les

Hubertus

Community Member, 14 Posts

28 August 2009 at 7:56am

Right now there's no (visually) elegant way to input both date and time into one single field. Could the current DatePickerField be extended to provide the same functionality than the standard PopupDateTimeField, i.e. make it a DateTimePickerField?

http://blog.w3visions.com/2009/04/date-time-picker-with-jquery-ui-datepicker/ is such an extension to the original jquery.ui widget.

Thanks!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

6 September 2009 at 9:51am

I like the idea of the date/time picker. All of this stuff will be so much easier once SS does its JS overhaul in 2.4 (goodbye, JSParty). I made some good progress with datepickerfield today, so I'll take a look at the link you sent and see how easy it would be to implement.

@LesC - Good idea. I've changed it to MenuTitle.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

10 September 2009 at 2:35pm

Hi UncleCheese,

Sorry I posted this into the wrong thread (New Features) - I'm just posting it here so that it is in the correct place.

Just had a client request that the jquery date picker in the CalendarWidget have different colours for days with event on them. I realise that this is actually quite a tricky thing todo, and that it had been requested on the first page of the original calendar thread - just wondering if this is something on your radar? Or if you have any suggestions of another approach that I could take?

Thanks for everything

Shawn Parr

Community Member, 60 Posts

15 September 2009 at 2:35am

I have a feature request for Event Calendar if you ever get a spare moment. :)

It would be great if there could be an ics feed for all the calendar events, along with the individual ics and full rss capabilities. This would be especially awesome in conjunction with the ICS feed feature.

The exact situation I'm looking at is we have a fine arts school with several sub departments (music, theatre, art, etc). Each dept. has their own site with an Event Calendar. It would be great if the main site could add an ics feed that was generated by Event Calendar on each of the subsites have a master calendar.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest snapshot, and I looked around in the code and didn't see this already there, so apologies if I missed something (but please let me know!).

Thanks!