Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Bulk uploader on the front end

Go to End

29 Posts   8802 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

9 February 2010 at 1:03pm

Well CSV is pretty universal. I would just import it into your CalendarDateTime table. You may have to map the fields but that's easy. ICS is the standard format for calendars, though, so I'm surprised you're not using that.

orion

Community Member, 20 Posts

7 March 2010 at 3:07pm

Hi Uncle Cheese,

Since it is a csv file, how do I import to the calendarDatetime table? Do I do it as the same procedure as an ICS file where I would drop ICS file into the import folder and then run it? or is it a completely different process?

Thanks Again

UncleCheese

7 March 2010 at 5:16pm

No, the import function looks for an ICS file. To import a CSV you'll have to write a script to map your fields in the CSV file to those in the CalendarDateTime table.. I usually just use Excel..

Silver

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 March 2010 at 6:39pm

I have a project where we are doing the same thing...calendar data is being exported using a csv file. When you say you usually use excel what does that mean? What are you using excel for? I am trying to understand the steps clearly here. I appreciate any help Uncle Cheese.

UncleCheese

7 March 2010 at 7:08pm

You import the CSV into Excel, and then in a new column on the right, you build out insert statements, e.g..

INSERT INTO .... FieldName = ' =A1 ', AnotherFieldName = ' =B1 ' etc...

Then you can just copy them all the way down and it will build them out for you and you can just paste them in to your DB admin tool.

UncleCheese

7 March 2010 at 7:09pm

The other thing you could try is setting up a ModelAdmin interface for CalendarDateTime and using the Import feature.

Silver

7 March 2010 at 7:14pm

Thank you. I will try this out and let you know.

Silver

7 March 2010 at 8:04pm

Oh I did not see this post. Would you be able to elaborate on this please? How would the model admin work?