Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Selecting a DOM record

4 Posts   1153 Views

Distinct

Community Member, 10 Posts

12 July 2009 at 1:13am

I've read through all the posts I can find (including the 50ish-page-long one) and it seems like no-one has thought of my use case scenario.

I have a fairly basic setup listing profiles of people with various fields that have been filled out. one of those fields is an e-mail address. So what I'd like to do is for someone to go into the CMS and select a record, grab the data from that one record and then press a button to put together an e-mail and send it out like a mail-merge using the data in that record.

I can't see a way to select a record though? Would it be easier using a complex table field?

I could be missing something obvious, but any ideas?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

14 July 2009 at 12:54am

I'm not sure what you mean by "select" a record. If you want do add a some actions to the popup window, you'll have to extend the popup class for either DOM or CTF.

Distinct

14 July 2009 at 10:45am

I don't want to do anything in the popup, I'd like someone to be able to click on a row of the table to highlight it, and then perform some actions using the data in that row - does that make sense?

Distinct

29 July 2009 at 8:56pm

So theres no way to do this with DOM right?