Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Autoplay video and transparency

3 Posts   1492 Views

adesweb

Community Member, 39 Posts

24 July 2009 at 4:50am

Hi,

I am using Fancybox to display my videos as I wish to cycle between both images and videos seamlessly and this seems one of the better solutions. However I need two things from the video player to be able to do this:

1. Autoplay videos
2. Make the flash player wmode = transparent, so the overlay next and back links will appear on rollover.

Adrian

not2dumb

Community Member, 16 Posts

24 July 2009 at 8:55am

which flash videoplayer do u use?

wmode can be set by definig the param in the sourcecode like so:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>

or

<param name="wmode" value="opaque"/>

for your intention, both work. and this is valid for ANY flashfile.

the autostart is realized by passing flasvars, like so:

<param name="flashvars" value="file=http://localhost/assets/Videos/myvideo.flv&height=300&width=400&autostart=true&controlbar=bottom&backcolor=0x000000&frontcolor=0xCCCCCC&lightcolor=0x557722"/>

these vars are different from player to player, THIS are valid for the jwplayer coming with the module.

cheers

adesweb

Community Member, 39 Posts

24 July 2009 at 8:09pm

Thanks for this. I was just using the $Player tag to pull in the player, so I guess I'll have to be a little more low level than that if I want to customise it a bit more. The hover states in facybox - just going to widen the box either side a bit so they still work while maintaining the functionality of the video.