Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[ImageGallery] Translatable Problems

Go to End

38 Posts   11189 Views

Edu115

Community Member, 13 Posts

30 July 2009 at 1:14pm

Hi there,

Whenever I try to create a translation of an ImageGallery, all of the galleries created are not visible in the new translation language.
Is this the expected behaviour? How can I avoid this? I only want to translate the title of the gallery.

Edu115

4 August 2009 at 2:32am

Anyone?

skuja

Community Member, 4 Posts

4 August 2009 at 4:11am

Same here and I would also like to know it is expected behaviour.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 August 2009 at 8:10am

I'm not sure what has to be done to get ImageGallery working with Translatable. Part of the reason is I don't really know what Translatable is supposed to do in the first place. If someone can shed any light on what I need to do to get it working, I would be happy to take a look and implement the change.

Edu115

6 August 2009 at 5:24am

The Translatable module lets you have versions for different languages of Data Objects.
It creates a different page for each language, and it shows the right page depending on your locale definition.

I'm not a PHP dev so I'm sorry I can't be more specific about it.

Edu115

9 August 2009 at 1:27am

Right now what happens is that when I try to create a new Album in the translated page and then go to the Photos tab, I get the message "You have no albums. Click on the Albums tab to create at least one album before adding photos."

If then I change to the original language page, I have there the Album I created in the translated page...

Edu115

9 August 2009 at 2:49am

I'm getting so disappointed with is...
Because I've built everything and now, at the end, when I want to put the translation, EVERYTHING fails. Image Galleries, Team Pages, everywhere I use a DataObject i'm completely screwed. And I've seen other people here with the same problems, and there's no solution for this.

I'm getting so frustrated, I might just give up and just port this to Joomla, which I HATE.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

9 August 2009 at 6:42am

No! Joomla sucks!

I was just doing some reading on the Translatable docs, and it seems like this could be the limitation:

"Keep in mind that the Translatable extension currently doesn’t support the exclusion of properties from being translated - all custom properties will automatically be fetched from their translated record on the database. This means you don’t have to explicitly mark any custom properties as being translatable."

The checkpoint for the "no albums" message you're getting is just a simple if($this->Albums()), so I'm wondering if that function is respecting the Translatable and only looking for albums in the current locale. Try changing that line to:

if(DataObject::get("ImageGalleryAlbum,"ImageGalleryPageID = $this->ID"))

Also, if you want to translate the Album info, wouldn't you have to add a Translatable decorator to the ImageGalleryAlbum object? Or have you already?

Go to Top