Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[ImageGallery] Translatable Problems

Go to End

38 Posts   11189 Views

Patrik at Shiki Media

Community Member, 4 Posts

30 October 2009 at 3:35am

Banal, sounds like a lot job going through everything and patch it all up. :( I don´t feel that comfortable in SS yet to do this. I guess I have to set up a site for each language to get the job done!

A tutorial or step-by-step guide with all the code bits would be brilliant. But I fully understand if no one has the time to put something like that together. Would be greatly appreciated though!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

30 October 2009 at 3:43am

I'm fine adding in the patch. Have you confirmed it works on the latest rev? I think we're around r314 now?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

30 October 2009 at 4:18am

Edited: 30/10/2009 4:19am

@UncleCheese: Don't know, haven't checked with the latest release. AFAIK there weren't too many changes in that patch. Just some if/else statements wrapping the creation of URLs
@kekke: Yes, it's rather cumbersome for a non-developer. Can't help you with the ImageGallery module, but if the DataObjectManager is good enough for you, I can patch a local installation and post/attach the updated files here.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

30 October 2009 at 5:08am

Edited: 30/10/2009 5:09am

I checked out the 314 revision of the DOM. Seems like you already included all these fixes. UncleCheese = busy bee :)
So in conclusion: The current revision of the DataObjectManager seems to play nice with Translatable if you patched the SilverStripe 2.3.3 install with this patch: http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/4435/ctf-translatable-fix.patch
(I tested this with a local installation, but not extensively)

The patched files can also be downloaded here if you don't know how to apply a patch yourself. Just move them from the folders inside the zip file to the corresponding folder of your SilverStripe 2.3.3 install.

Martin Pales

Community Member, 19 Posts

12 May 2010 at 9:53am

I've just run into the same problem - adding photos on translated image gallery pages doesn't work. Is this somehow (officially) fixed now? Atm. I am using 2.3.7 and do not want to go through a series of patches. Thanks.

Harl

klompie

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 February 2011 at 5:53am

Same problem for me.
I want to have the exact same image gallery for all my translations, but dont want to maintain them separately.

Is there a solution on how to do this?

Go to Top