Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[ImageGallery] Translatable Problems

Go to End

38 Posts   11189 Views

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

11 August 2009 at 3:37am

I'm having the same problem with the new implementation of translatable and was wondering where the changes would need to be made. I've tried messing around with it a little, but so far I haven't found any useful changes. I was wondering if you could link the URL for the Translatable documentation as I'm not sure I was looking at the right thing while making a few modifications.

Thanks in Advance!
Xeal

Edu115

Community Member, 13 Posts

17 August 2009 at 3:58am

UncleCheese thank you for your help. Right now I don't want to translate the items. Maybe later, but right now I just want to be able to get the same images for the different locales.

But right now, I can't even add different images for different locales, I can only add images to the original locale.

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 4:32am

Edited: 19/08/2009 4:32am

Please guys, help me.
This is the only thing left in a project i'm developing, and the client is getting very impatient. I need this working ASAP and if this doesn't work in 1 or 2 days, everything i've done is ruined.

If someone could add me to gtalk or msn messenger, so we could solve this in a matter of minutes...

Forget about being able to translate the dataobjectmanager items. I just want to be able to have the photos/items/calendar events I've added in the main locale visible in the other locales.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 August 2009 at 4:57am

If you're really in that much of a jam, just schedule a time for Silverstripe support. It sounds like an issue with Translatable more than anything else, and they're the ones who know best. Support is fairly reasonably priced, too. I want to say it's in the $125-$150 USD/hr range.

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:18am

Well, that's a price I can't pay unfortunately. If I had a 2-hour session I'd be losing money...
I might just give up...

Thank you anyways...

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:26am

I'm so disappointed... So much hours of work, so much effort, for nothing. EVERYTHING works, but Data Object Manager in multilingual pages.

I guess I'll have to create a different installation per language?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 August 2009 at 5:30am

Looks like someone issued a patch to get DOM working with Translatable. Let me know if you have any success with this.

http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/4492/dom_fix_translateable.patch

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:44am

I've made the changes and tested the Image Gallery, and I get the same error.
I have the "Default Album" album in my original page, and when I create a multilingual page I have no album there. I try to create an album in the multilingual page, and then BOTH albums appear, but if I try to add images, I get the "No albums" error I've mentioned before.

I'm going to test it now with other DataObjectManager based modules.