Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

[ImageGallery] Translatable Problems

38 Posts   7109 Views

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

11 August 2009 at 3:37am

I'm having the same problem with the new implementation of translatable and was wondering where the changes would need to be made. I've tried messing around with it a little, but so far I haven't found any useful changes. I was wondering if you could link the URL for the Translatable documentation as I'm not sure I was looking at the right thing while making a few modifications.

Thanks in Advance!
Xeal

Edu115

Community Member, 13 Posts

17 August 2009 at 3:58am

UncleCheese thank you for your help. Right now I don't want to translate the items. Maybe later, but right now I just want to be able to get the same images for the different locales.

But right now, I can't even add different images for different locales, I can only add images to the original locale.

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 4:32am

Edited: 19/08/2009 4:32am

Please guys, help me.
This is the only thing left in a project i'm developing, and the client is getting very impatient. I need this working ASAP and if this doesn't work in 1 or 2 days, everything i've done is ruined.

If someone could add me to gtalk or msn messenger, so we could solve this in a matter of minutes...

Forget about being able to translate the dataobjectmanager items. I just want to be able to have the photos/items/calendar events I've added in the main locale visible in the other locales.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

19 August 2009 at 4:57am

If you're really in that much of a jam, just schedule a time for Silverstripe support. It sounds like an issue with Translatable more than anything else, and they're the ones who know best. Support is fairly reasonably priced, too. I want to say it's in the $125-$150 USD/hr range.

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:18am

Well, that's a price I can't pay unfortunately. If I had a 2-hour session I'd be losing money...
I might just give up...

Thank you anyways...

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:26am

I'm so disappointed... So much hours of work, so much effort, for nothing. EVERYTHING works, but Data Object Manager in multilingual pages.

I guess I'll have to create a different installation per language?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

19 August 2009 at 5:30am

Looks like someone issued a patch to get DOM working with Translatable. Let me know if you have any success with this.

http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/4492/dom_fix_translateable.patch

Edu115

19 August 2009 at 5:44am

I've made the changes and tested the Image Gallery, and I get the same error.
I have the "Default Album" album in my original page, and when I create a multilingual page I have no album there. I try to create an album in the multilingual page, and then BOTH albums appear, but if I try to add images, I get the "No albums" error I've mentioned before.

I'm going to test it now with other DataObjectManager based modules.