Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Resource Page Video Thumbnail Problem

Go to End

10 Posts   3585 Views

FireMe!

Community Member, 74 Posts

5 August 2009 at 7:10am

Hi

I'm using the resource page as a video gallery, but have a problem with calling the thumbnail view and popup in my templates. when I call the flash player it works fine, but the thumbnail just gives me a white screen, I checked my php error log and this is the error.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function CroppedImage() on a non-object in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/site1/dataobject_manager/code/flv/FLV.php on line 272

Which is this thumbnail line

'Thumbnail' => $this->VideoThumbnail()->CroppedImage($thumb_width, $thumb_height),

Any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks in advance

FireMe

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

5 August 2009 at 7:55am

You've confirmed that FFMPEG is installed and working correctly?

FireMe!

5 August 2009 at 8:14am

Nope, I have not got FFMPEG installed. I don't think the server the site will be on, Will have it. Will this be a problem? Ive converted all the videos so that they are FLV so they would not need the FFMPEG to convert them, So does this mean they still need it?

UncleCheese

5 August 2009 at 12:32pm

Yeah, you can't generate a thumbnail without FFMPEG. I would stick to the $Player UI rather than using the popup, because the popup requires a thumbnail.

FireMe!

6 August 2009 at 6:38am

I have found out if I manually put a jpg image thumbnail in the folder, It uses that. Is there a way so when uploading a video, It has 2 steps select video(FLV) and select Thumbnail(JPG), So that the jpeg gets saved as the same name as the video in the thumbnail folder. If its possible this would be a good alternative for people that do not have server access, like shared hosting accounts.

Thanks in advance

UncleCheese

6 August 2009 at 7:00am

Yup. That's in the works.

FireMe!

6 August 2009 at 7:06am

cool is there a timescale on that? :-)

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

11 August 2009 at 12:20pm

Hi FireMe.....I'm trying to get this to work urgently...any tips on the filename/format for manually putting the thumbnail in...I can't seem to get it working

Go to Top