Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

File Uploads fail randomly

Go to End

14 Posts   2823 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 September 2009 at 6:59am

For the record, which hosting plan were you on over there? Was it a DV plan? I've heard nothing but great things about MT, so it would be a shame to rule them out.

vstrazz

Community Member, 63 Posts

23 September 2009 at 7:04am

Yes we had 4 DV servers from MT, and we were going to upgrade to a DPV if that would have solved our issue. According to MT the DPV is just a very large DV, Configurations are the same, so we figured the outcome would be the same as well.

We have had nothing but good results with MT until now, and we still have 3 DV servers with MT, and will continue to do business with them. They will just host all of our old sites. :)

Thanks for all the help Uncle Cheese.

UncleCheese

23 September 2009 at 7:40am

Man, that's too bad. I've been strongly considering getting into a DV from MediaTemple. If it breaks my modules, though, I'm going in a different direction! :)

vstrazz

23 September 2009 at 7:45am

We were very disappointed as well, we had high hopes for MT. It seems that all signs point to the server config. Same computers, sites, code, we just simply moved it to another server and it works. We tried this with two servers on two different hosts ( besides MT ), and they both worked.

We are trying yet another host, Rackspace, and so far the module works on their box. I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after my last cloud computing host, we'll see if Rackspace has it nailed down.

This just goes to show how much of an asset DOM and Silverstripe are, to our company. Thanks again :)

UncleCheese

23 September 2009 at 7:59am

I'll say! It feels kind of weird knowing my code was responsible for such a big decision for a company. Flattering, I guess?

Thanks for the kind words, and good luck. I've had very good experiences with Rackspace at two different firms.

vstrazz

23 September 2009 at 8:04am

We are always blown away by what you do!! You should be hired by Silverstripe! Everytime I have to create a custom module for a client DOM is almost always involved.

I used the Filemanager a lot when that was first released as well, but DOM is just super powerful. Especially with the ffmpeg tools now.

You should be very proud of what you've created here, for us and this community.

Thanks

Go to Top