Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

FLV shadowbox - passing more flashvars

Go to End

4 Posts   3420 Views

DigoART

Community Member, 13 Posts

12 September 2009 at 12:27am

Hi,

I have an urgent need to pass more flashvars to the player in the shadowbox, (It could be a Description or Tags flashvar based on JW PLayer structure as I don't use them for now. Basically I need to pass the ID of the Page where attachment resides) I tried adding 'description' => "TestText" array element in VideoPopup function of the FLV.php, however it doesn't seem to work, and I'm not getting it in the player.

Any ideas on how I can implement that ?

Thanks .

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 September 2009 at 2:00am

Yeah, that's an interesting request. Would it be for just one movie or for all movies? The problem with the FLV features right now is that all the configuration, with the exception of thumbnail width and height, are global settings. The easiest thing for me to do would be to add a static variable "extra_flash_params" to the FLV class and have it add whatever you put in there to the swfobject call.

But that would affect every video, unfortunately.

DigoART

Community Member, 13 Posts

12 September 2009 at 3:15am

Hi,

Thank for reply, we've managed to achieve what we needed in a way of tweaking and patching the js files and the JW Player AS codes... Looks bit Scary and crapy, but works :)

However It might be a handy feature for the next releases . ;)

Cheers

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 September 2009 at 3:37am

Yeah, i really want to do an overhaul on all the video stuff, and eventually make it its own module. I didn't expect it to be so popular, with the FFMPEG requirement and everything, but that seems to be working out great. That offers a lot of functionality that has yet to be harnessed. I could definitely take the audio/video features to a place that would make SS a very competitive CMS.