Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Datepicker jQuery conflict between DOM/Events Module?


Go to End
Reply


12 Posts   4587 Views

Avatar
staylor

Community Member, 7 Posts

17 September 2009 at 2:02pm

the module that is actually breaking is the Events module.. but you seem to be the maintainer of both, so I'm thinking there's a conflict between the two jquery implementations ... the issue is I'm having trouble getting the date picker to show..

It's kind of strange behavoir.. it's failing on the livequery function.. which seems to be included through the requirement commands (jsquery/addons/jsquery.livequery)

Now, the problem lies in that the javascript seems to load after the datepicker intializes and fails.. I kinda thought it didn't matter what order you loaded them in..

If I copy the livequery function from the jsquery addons file into the failing datepicker.js (at the top), the date picker works, but everything else blows up. I did notice it tries to load the datepicker js files from the DOM.

My site is failing go live because of this.

Could really use some guidance.

Avatar
UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

17 September 2009 at 2:53pm

First, there have been a lot of changes to the DOM module with respect to its jQuery dependencies, so make sure you're on the latest SVN. Also, be sure to check this thread for possible issues/solutions:

http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/268708?start=0#post268886

Avatar
staylor

Community Member, 7 Posts

17 September 2009 at 5:37pm

Edited: 17/09/2009 5:37pm

The post [url=http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/268609?start=8#post268755]here[/url] resolved the issue. Didn't need to do the SimpleTinyMCEField though.

Avatar
UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

18 September 2009 at 12:56am

I recently heard from a 5th or 6th person who was having this issue, so it seems about time I check it into the code. I hate unexplained errors, though. This is going to bug me.

Avatar
devnull

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 September 2009 at 9:51pm

Not to ruin your day, but Im having the same issue. The odd part is on my development server it works fine but on my production server I have the issue and they are the same code. I have to add the basehref fix to get the datepicker up. I found it odd that I checked to make sure the system could find jsparty/jquery/jquery.js and it returned true, but requirement wouldn't include it.

Avatar
UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

18 September 2009 at 11:40pm

Very interesting. Could you describe any relevant differences between your dev server and your production server? Anything that comes to mind would be helpful. Especially things like the web root, base url, that kind of stuff.

Avatar
MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

20 September 2009 at 11:36pm

I know from experience that how different web hosts resolve relative paths seems to differ. I run wamp server both here and at work and they both work fine with the code you have.

However on some web hotels relative links like that fail and I have to put in an absolute path for everything to work. Sadly enough I can't tell you which operating systems/setups cause these issues since I don't have any access to how these web hotels set up their stuff but that it does occur (apparently) and it's not that uncommon.

In fact since this issue is somewhat prevalent Silverstripe really should solve this internally. They could easily change the Requirements functions to look up an absolute path for the file.

Avatar
devnull

Community Member, 7 Posts

5 October 2009 at 12:25pm

sorry for the reply time.
my dev servers webroot is a few directories before my silverstripe folder.
on my prod server it is the webroot for that domain
on my dev server i need to setup correct read permissions
on the prod server my scripts are run as my user

pretty much the only major differences i can think of.

thank you,
devnull

Go to Top