2 October 2009 at 12:53am
I apologise if this has been beaten to death already before - however - I could not find this issue in the forum.
I'm quite a newbie with SS and after finishing the 2 first tuts - I thought I had a go at DOM as this is exactly the module I need for an upcoming project.
I'm using DOM r292..
Going through the examples on http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:dataobjectmanager - I run into a small but annoying issue:
I have been implementing the 'Testimonial' example and everything works beautifully, except that when I hit 'Save' in the pop-up window, the content of the popup window is being redirected to the homepage of the site (so basically 'localhost' on my test machine) instead of simply showing the expected 'Added new Testimonial successfully' (which I see when I subsequently add a new testimonial strangly enough..).
I'm probably missing something very obvious but I can seem to find out what? Can someone point me in the right direction please?
2 October 2009 at 2:12am
(Last edited: 2 October 2009 2:13am),
EDIT: PS - just to be clear - the record is correctly added so functionally it works fine..
2 October 2009 at 3:31am
I'm afraid not - I've only got it running locally :-(
I think I can rule out DOM though - I just finished the Staff section in Tutorial 2 where you add an image..
In that (normal) image upload thingie, I get exactly the same behaviour when I submit the image.. it also load the homepage in the little Iframe there with the following error in the NET console:
Failed to load source for: http://localhost/images/index/StaffPage/22/Photo/EditImageForm
2 October 2009 at 5:26am
Not in this case I believe. I choose the upload from PC option, selected an image - and the actual upload worked fine - it just doesn't show me the confirmation message - it simply redirects the iFrame to the 'homepage'...
Not sure what's wrong here but I'm now doing a fresh install on my VDS which is also available under a domain name so if I run into the same issue again - I can provide you with a URL.
I'm starting to believe however that this might be an environment thing i.e. the PHP version on my specific (Mac OSX) OS that might be causing this strange behaviour. So running it of my VDS will proof if that's the case I guess (in that case the conclusion might be... do not try to run this of a Mac ;-)).
Thanks for your help so far - I might get back to this issue if I run into it again on my server.